Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I went that way, too, but I was surprised that I could not get on 30 east at Dayton. Seems a long way from the stadium to close a ramp.

I went to Dayton and went north to 13th St. and got on I-35 southbound at that interchange.

Going to the Dayton/US 30 interchange used to be my go-to route until they started closing that on-ramp maybe two seasons ago. I assume they thought it clogged all that traffic trying to exiting from 30 eastbound to 35 south. I never thought it was a problem though, not that many people used Dayton.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I went to Dayton and went north to 13th St. and got on I-35 southbound at that interchange.

Going to the Dayton/US 30 interchange used to be my go-to route until they started closing that on-ramp maybe two seasons ago. I assume they thought it clogged all that traffic trying to exiting from 30 eastbound to 35 south. I never thought it was a problem though, not that many people used Dayton.

It was definitely a problem. You had all of the traffic backing up on 30 because the Dayton on ramp basically turns into the 35 S exit ramp... It's much smoother now.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
This could be new thread worthy, but gameday is getting worse for me, and one of the biggest culprits is the whole review process for on field calls or lack of. A buddy and I were chatting and we both had a good laugh about how the review process is exactly what everyone said they did not want before it was put into place. (interrupts flow of game, still not conclusive, a crutch for referees). The last few years it has bothered me, on Saturday, I had serious thoughts about how much more I would enjoy the game being at home. I estimate 20-25 minutes was wasted on Saturday from play stoppage whistle to play starting again. Is that too high? It felt much longer while actually sitting and staring angrily.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This could be new thread worthy, but gameday is getting worse for me, and one of the biggest culprits is the whole review process for on field calls or lack of. A buddy and I were chatting and we both had a good laugh about how the review process is exactly what everyone said they did not want before it was put into place. (interrupts flow of game, still not conclusive, a crutch for referees). The last few years it has bothered me, on Saturday, I had serious thoughts about how much more I would enjoy the game being at home. I estimate 20-25 minutes was wasted on Saturday from play stoppage whistle to play starting again. Is that too high? It felt much longer while actually sitting and staring angrily.

I think it always feels longer when you are in the stadium.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
It was definitely a problem. You had all of the traffic backing up on 30 because the Dayton on ramp basically turns into the 35 S exit ramp... It's much smoother now.

I must have beaten the rush to get there then.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I went that way, too, but I was surprised that I could not get on 30 east at Dayton. Seems a long way from the stadium to close a ramp.

Yep, got to the intersection and flipped a uturn right in front of the parked cop car knowing he wasn't going to pull me over. Instead he gives me a dirty look lol.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Anyone else notice the empty sidelines? Usually the sidelines are full of people with passes. Anyone know what happened there?

• Agree
Reactions: SayMyName

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Getting into the stadium on the west side was either mash through gate 5 and not move for 1/2 hour or walk completely around the westside of the stadium and come through that way. Practice patience and you were fine.

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010

Yeah, and the tv time out time ref now has a stop clock you can see how much will be wasted this go around.

• Winner
Reactions: Deanster and wxman1

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Has ISU ever given any thought to providing buses to pick up and drop off from the mall or other locations around town? When we went to TCU and Baylor that is what we did, parked a mile or two from the stadium in stadium football parking lots and then they bused us to the stadium and back to the lot after the game, it was provided with the price of the parking.

Kind of. They call it CyRide. I park at the mall (free) and ride CyRide from the mall to Hilton and walk to Jack Trice. It costs $1.00 each way. You lose the tailgating experience, but that's fine with me. Cheapest parking I've found and I get back on Highway 30 quicker than I did when I'd park in Vet Med on most Saturdays.

The ride away from the stadium after the game can be a bit crowded, but most people are courteous and offer seats to elderly, or needy and by the time we're past the Ames library there is usually a seat for everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: C.John

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

I feel the TV breaks are worse than the reviews. 2.5 minutes per break, at least 2 per quarter it seems.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Replay has been a bad change to football because they still can’t quite get it right. Make the call and move on.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Was told by a donor (who always had passes in the past) that the athletic department pulled most of the sideline passes this year. He didn't have a reason why.
I also heard this from my cousin, who worked for the team last year and still has friends that work on the team. Said they were doing aeay with a lot of sideline passes but didnt say why.