Depth Chart -- UNI

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Farley pulling a switcharoo by naming a starting QB who not the starting QB huh and then heaping all this praise on us. He is a master of mind control.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Honestly, a pretty solid lineup for game 1...most positions locked up with only 2 (well 3, but the TE position shifts almost every play) on offense and 1 on defense being "or". I seem to recall many of the line positions being "or" in the past.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I don't see a transfer from Rice beating out Lewis. That transfer hasn't played safety before and Lewis has had a really solid career. I can see Bickham being a good backup but I think Lewis could end up being a late round draft pick but will probably get picked up as an undrafted free agent.

I'm excited to see what the WR's do early on. I think overall this could be the most talented WR group we have ever had.

Kene and Croney will most likely get a majority of the touches at running back for the first few weeks but I think Hall or Brock (probably Hall) will end up starting before the season's halfway point.

Can't wait to see the defense dominate this year and I hope McDonald has a huge year.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I don't see a transfer from Rice beating out Lewis. That transfer hasn't played safety before and Lewis has had a really solid career. I can see Bickham being a good backup but I think Lewis could end up being a late round draft pick but will probably get picked up as an undrafted free agent.

I'm excited to see what the WR's do early on. I think overall this could be the most talented WR group we have ever had.

Kene and Croney will most likely get a majority of the touches at running back for the first few weeks but I think Hall or Brock (probably Hall) will end up starting before the season's halfway point.

Can't wait to see the defense dominate this year and I hope McDonald has a huge year.
Lewis has been really solid. I think the point is that the staff thinks Bickham might be even better once he adjusts to the position.

Reactions: demoncore1031

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
EC6SeemWsAALGbU

Not much of a change. As expected.. a lot of "OR's".

Pettway does move to the top, if that means anything, but still, "Or"

One REALLY scary thing for next year is the DL for sure. We will have to replace the following.....

Jaquan Bailey
Ray Lima
Jamahl Johnson
Matt Leo
Enyl Uwazurike too if he goes pro

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Kene has a hamstring injury, so not too sure we'll see much of him early on.

Also, CW has heard Lang or Hall might be getting the start possibly in game one.

• Informative
Reactions: demoncore1031

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
One REALLY scary thing for next year is the DL for sure. We will have to replace the following.....

Jaquan Bailey
Ray Lima
Jamahl Johnson
Matt Leo
Enyl Uwazurike too if he goes pro
You’re right. Guys like Zach Peterson, Isaiah Lee, Josh Bailey, Cordarrius Bailey, Corey Suttle and Blake Peterson are going to be really scary.

To opponents.

Just give ‘em a little time, and a JC or grad transfer for a little seasoning. They’ll be fine.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Kene has a hamstring injury, so not too sure we'll see much of him early on.

Also, CW has heard Lang or Hall might be getting the start possibly in game one.
I forgot about Lang and hadn't heard about Kene being hurt. I'm not a big fan of Croney. He is ok, but I think he is the least talented of the five RB's. I expect Hall to have the most touches this year and if he is looking good enough to start right away then that is huge.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You’re right. Guys like Zach Peterson, Isaiah Lee, Josh Bailey, Cordarrius Bailey, Corey Suttle and Blake Peterson are going to be really scary.

To opponents.

Just give ‘em a little time, and a JC or grad transfer for a little seasoning. They’ll be fine.

I think we might be ok at DE, but might have to find a transfer or JUCO DT... that's all I'm saying.

If you don't think having to possibly replace all 4 starting DL, and a 2nd stringer too.... I don't know what to say? Very doubtful at this point the DL will be nearly as good next year as this year.

However, offensively we'll just be getting better and better IMO. I'm not that concerned about all the OL seniors we'll be losing. Feel good about the depth there. And our LB's and DB's should also be REALLY good next year too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron