NFL: Hard to argue Kaepernick isn't blacklisted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Damn it, you two have got to me. :)

At the moment I’m high and playing NBA2k.

I’ve lived in one of the poorest zip codes (64128) in the country for a year, I taught ESL to immigrants for two. I keep a pair of gloves in my gas-guzzler (gotta do better there) in case I get stuck in mountain traffic so I can pick up some *******’s trash along the road. I sponsor two kids via world vision, I have $500 cycling through Kiva, and I can’t remember the last time I’ve taken the standard deduction and it wasn’t because of my mortgage interest or student loans until last year. I take the train to work one day a week and I need to bump it up to five. Jesus, my own father calls me too pure for my own good. And **** all of that stuff. It’s minute and isn’t going to make much difference. You are what you do, and I’m getting paid to bring renewable power to your homes.

And don’t tell me good job, @Cyclone.TV. Your cynicism isn’t novel.

Bad job.

Reactions: Doc

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Collective culture exists. By saying "I as an an American"...yep you're part of it.

The question:
Why is domestic violence accepted in our athletes but kneeling is not?

The answer:
Our collective culture has determined that's what we want at this moment in our ongoing national wrestling match that determines who we are.

For some reason he doesn't understand people within that culture don't all agree. Obviously you and I don't agree with it. He claims he doesn't either. But we're all part of it. The push and pull is the thing itself.

There are all kinds of things that are now an accepted part of society that people 20 years ago would have never thought possible.

We now think it’s ok to shoot children. We have white nationalists directing immigration policy. Kap’s kneeling serves as a distraction to keep the stupids in line.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You can take responsibility for that. I had nothing to do with it.

Of course you have. Either by your direct action of supporting the people that have driven this narrative, or by your tacit approval by not speaking out against it.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/17/sport/eagles-josh-mccown-trnd/index.html

"Alex Whitcomb, manager of audience development for wired.com, wrote: "I'm a big Eagles fan, but I do have to ask: Is Josh McCown really better than Colin Kaepernick?"

A user named Flash Gordon SZN pointed out Kaepernick has four playoff wins in his six seasons and McCown has zero playoff appearances."

I'm not sure if this will affect his lawsuit or not, but this is a bit ridiculous....

Is there anything wrong with being blacklisted? If nobody wants him, if he's bad in the locker room, if he's bad for the teams and the organizations why WOULD you want him on your team? Plus I don't think he's proven he's a better QB than McCown, has he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron