Ar'Quel Smith Commits

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not even funny

Obviously you have a connection to Ar'Quel. We are really excited for him to become a Cyclone. But you need to lighten up and take a joke. If you can't handle a NyQuil joke, you probably shouldn't spend much time on this forum because you will really not like the knuckleheads who say even worse things, even after a great game. Not everyone that posts is equal. Some of us are diehard fans. Others live to troll. Pay special attention to what the CycloneFanatic staff post as they often have inside information and perspectives. I would recommend not responding to everyone who posts (and make good use of the "Ignore" tool as you identify the fools to which you don't want to listen). Instead offer some special insight occasionally based on your knowledge of him and why he chose Iowa State. Welcome.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Known him since he was 8 years old - what do you want to know about him? He's incredible!

He is going to love Iowa State. I am an alumni and a life long fan. Both my kids attend Iowa State now. Ames is a special place and our football program is really rolling. We have a great staff and the support for the program is second to none. Good luck to Ar’Quel. Welcome to Cyclone Nation.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Obviously you have a connection to Ar'Quel. We are really excited for him to become a Cyclone. But you need to lighten up and take a joke. If you can't handle a NyQuil joke, you probably shouldn't spend much time on this forum because you will really not like the knuckleheads who say even worse things, even after a great game. Not everyone that posts is equal. Some of us are diehard fans. Others live to troll. Pay special attention to what the CycloneFanatic staff post as they often have inside information and perspectives. I would recommend not responding to everyone who posts (and make good use of the "Ignore" tool as you identify the fools to which you don't want to listen). Instead offer some special insight occasionally based on your knowledge of him and why he chose Iowa State. Welcome.
Just a suggestion. You might want to stop and consider that perhaps the reason the pun was "not even funny" might have to do with something involving circumstances involving Ar'quel's dad, rather than the simple fact that it's a bad pun.

As for the rest of your post, there was once a "knucklehead" on here who bragged at one point about having "Ignored" something like 36 other members. That would doubtless have included me. I don't recall ever using that feature once myself. Not only because I believe that people are free to say what they want, but even the knuckleheads come up with something worth reading once in a while.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and dfls

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Known him since he was 8 years old - what do you want to know about him? He's incredible!

Do you think he will stick with the Cyclones when all the other big schools come calling?

I don't see why he isn't receiving more offers and I fear a bunch more will be coming his way.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Junior video highlights somewhat reminds me of Lavonte David (Miami Northwestern) from 10+ years ago.

Reactions: Doc

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
We live on the Gulf of Mexico in southwest Florida! Never seen real snow! This will be something completely new!
It is just like the summer...maybe more comfortable. No sweating. None/

• Funny
Reactions: Aclone and dfls

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Lighten up? He defended his friend after a stupid non-funny joke. We need more
Like him.

Reactions: dfls

Help Support Us

Become a patron