****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Unless Foster has been a lifelong Iowa fan, I don’t see how he would want to go to them over us. We are the better program now, we get guys to the NBA, Prohm is considered a much better coach than Mad Fran, and neither program is really closer to Oskaloosa than the other. Virginia is the only one on this list that scares me. I’m not sure how involved they’ve been with Foster, but coming off of a championship they have some momentum.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Unless Foster has been a lifelong Iowa fan, I don’t see how he would want to go to them over us. We are the better program now, we get guys to the NBA, Prohm is considered a much better coach than Mad Fran, and neither program is really closer to Oskaloosa than the other. Virginia is the only one on this list that scares me. I’m not sure how involved they’ve been with Foster, but coming off of a championship they have some momentum.
It's actually Virginia Tech, not Virginia. If it was Virginia, I'd be more worried.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Do you still get to say “inherited a dumpster fire” in year 10?

What a weird ass fanbase.

Fred inherited Gmacs dumpster fire and missed the first year tourney, sent an underwhelming point guard to the NBA the next season who killed it his senior season, and went to the bulls. Meanwhile Fran landed Woodbury and Giselle

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not that McCaffery is great, but I hesitate to make fun of a program that killed us last year and made it further in the NCAA tourament. He is also 10X better than Lickliter, which earned him some slack from the fan base. However, making the tournament about half the time as an 8-9 seed and winning one game appears to big the ceiling for him.

So stupid. First, in 10 years with the same coach, you can maybe argue that Fran's teams have been better than ours twice. Maybe. I wouldn't even consider last year a sure thing. So we sure as hell can make fun of Fran.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Va Tech coach put together a heck of a coaching staff that can recruit. Took Bruce Weber’s assistant and tip recruiter and Cronin had his best recruiter go to VA Tech after he left Cincinnati. I would say they made upgrades from Buzz Peterson.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So stupid. First, in 10 years with the same coach, you can maybe argue that Fran's teams have been better than ours twice. Maybe. I wouldn't even consider last year a sure thing. So we sure as hell can make fun of Fran.

Iowa was ahead of us in 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015 according to Barttorvik.

I know many on here would find that preposterous for a few of those years, though.

Both programs were rolling during that era, however, and especially 2013-16.

Iowa just fell off since then and never came back. Prohm has rebuilt the program.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Maybe its just me but those other schools aren't getting me too concerned. I think he's ours to lose and even if he doesn't commit, ISU will be just fine inside the paint.

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa was ahead of us in 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015 according to Barttorvik.

I know many on here would find that preposterous for a few of those years, though.

Both programs were rolling during that era, however, and especially 2013-16.

Iowa just fell off since then and never came back. Prohm has rebuilt the program.
In 2011 Iowa went 11-20. We went 16-16 which isn't better but c'mon. In 2013 Iowa didn't even make the tournament while we went on and almost upset Ohio State in the second round. In 2014, Iowa lost in a play-in game while we won the Big 12 tournament, were a 3 seed and made the Sweet 16. In 2015 we beat them by 17 @ their place by 15, won the Big 12 tournament and got a 3 seed again. We all know how the NCAA tournament went but still.

My point is that although analytics are fun to look at and do hold some validity, they shouldn't be used at face value. I'm not sure if you were or not, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe its just me but those other schools aren't getting me too concerned. I think he's ours to lose and even if he doesn't commit, ISU will be just fine inside the paint.
He would be an awesome get and to have someone at that caliber from inside the state come play here it would be a fantastic. He'd bring even more length and athleticism, as well as a nice looking shot from the three. If we don't get him though, I don't think it hurts us by any means, and we'll move on to the next guy that Prohm likes and thinks will fit nice with the program. That's the nice thing about having a guy like Prohm. He's going to go out and find someone else, maybe of a similar caliber. If Fran doesn't get him, I have no idea what he's going to do.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
He would be an awesome get and to have someone at that caliber from inside the state come play here it would be a fantastic. He'd bring even more length and athleticism, as well as a nice looking shot from the three. If we don't get him though, I don't think it hurts us by any means, and we'll move on to the next guy that Prohm likes and thinks will fit nice with the program. That's the nice thing about having a guy like Prohm. He's going to go out and find someone else, maybe of a similar caliber. If Fran doesn't get him, I have no idea what he's going to do.

Baylor.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Help Support Us

Become a patron