Sage = TB

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Vaguely remember my thinking at the time, but when Sage played for Houston, I thought he could've been more productive if the offense was more completely developed. I think Texans defense was stout at the time, but maybe the quality of line and lack of dependable running game didn't help his chances. He's not the type of QB who'd be able to carry an offense based on passing alone.

Anyone who has better insight than I do, educate me.

Reactions: Antihawk240

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Vaguely remember my thinking at the time, but when Sage played for Houston, I thought he could've been more productive if the offense was more completely developed. I think Texans defense was stout at the time, but maybe the quality of line and lack of dependable running game didn't help his chances. He's not the type of QB who'd be able to carry an offense based on passing alone.

Anyone who has better insight than I do, educate me.

Absolutely. Sage got a bad break. It was all in line for him. The Vikings had a nasty defense with an offense based around ball control with Adrian Petersen. All they needed was a quarterback who could make the 15 yard pass to keep the defense honest and manage the game clock. Vikings traded a 4th round pick to the Texans and got Sage who was going to be their starting quarterback................... and then they got sucked into the lore of Brett Favre who just retired from the New York Jets.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Absolutely. Sage got a bad break. It was all in line for him. The Vikings had a nasty defense with an offense based around ball control with Adrian Petersen. All they needed was a quarterback who could make the 15 yard pass to keep the defense honest and manage the game clock. Vikings traded a 4th round pick to the Texans and got Sage who was going to be their starting quarterback................... and then they got sucked into the lore of Brett Favre who just retired from the New York Jets.

Favre did have an incredible season his first year in Minneapolis, to be fair.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Whether its the in the NBA or NFL, it's in large part to what team picks up you and how you fit. If it's a bad fit, you can be a good player and not excel like you should. And vice versa. There are ample comparisons to be made with current clones in the NBA and former NFL clones.