MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I mean I don't know any job in America where you can take 5 months off for a divorce and get paid
Like others said not getting paid. However, when you play a big part in helping 2 moribund franchises win a championship you get a lot of leeway.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Two questions:
1. How did the cash-for-cash Holland deal work? I re-read the ESPN article three times trying to figure out what I missed.
2. Does Almora's fly ball catching technique drive anyone else crazy? I keep waiting for one to bounce off his shoulder.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Two questions:
1. How did the cash-for-cash Holland deal work? I re-read the ESPN article three times trying to figure out what I missed.
2. Does Almora's fly ball catching technique drive anyone else crazy? I keep waiting for one to bounce off his shoulder.
1. Idk
2. My dad and I were just texting each other about that

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Strop coming into a dirty inning. I'm sure this will end well. Seems like a prime time for a Braun HR

• Winner
Reactions: dirtyninety

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Can we get robo umps yet. This guy has missed a ton of calls already.

I'm not suggesting that Adrian Johnson has had a great night behind the plate, but Contreras has been absolutely horse$hit on pitches, pulling them into the zone, rather than sticking/framing them. It causes an umpire to give the pitch to the pitcher when the catcher makes it obvious that he needs to pull the ball into what he conceives as the strike zone. He's NOT helping his pitchers, just sayin'

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Kaplan's "bring it home boys" is a little less abrasive than Daryl Waltrip's "Boogity, boogity, boogity....."....but just a little.