CF Chronicles: Larry's Last Days

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I remember seeing the picture on Deace's old sites forums. The kid who's party Larry crashed posted them and told the story. No one believed him and said it was a photo shop.

I also remember walking across central campus after the story broke and seeing a student rally in support of Larry on the steps of Beardsheer. Hiawatha Rutland was leading chants on a bullhorn. Good times!
Me and a few of my friends wore mock turtlenecks to that. It got pretty hot with the long sleeves on as I remember. The dude with the ISU fire engine even showed up. Bruce and a few other administration officials were watching it from behind a tree over more towards Curtis Hall. Looking back I feel like an idiot for supporting him.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Me and a few of my friends wore mock turtlenecks to that. It got pretty hot with the long sleeves on as I remember. The dude with the ISU fire engine even showed up. Bruce and a few other administration officials were watching it from behind a tree over more towards Curtis Hall. Looking back I feel like an idiot for supporting him.

A total guess on my part, maybe if it had been an embarrassing one-time incident, he might've been suspended, but not fired. Could've been the straw that broke the camels back, or as was suggested earlier, Vande Velde wanted to axe him prior to that, and the party situation gave him a convenient reason.

Those who know the story much better than I can confirm/dispute any of that.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I’ve been wondering this too.

Jared?
CW?

That's CW's deal but I know he is still committed to it being done at some point. It is just a really time consuming process. Ross and I spent eight hours in the studio across three days on just part one of this project. CW finding time to hunker down in the studio like that is a tall task right now. It will be done at some point just hard to really say when with any certainty.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
A total guess on my part, maybe if it had been an embarrassing one-time incident, he might've been suspended, but not fired. Could've been the straw that broke the camels back, or as was suggested earlier, Vande Velde wanted to axe him prior to that, and the party situation gave him a convenient reason.

Those who know the story much better than I can confirm/dispute any of that.
He and Bruce never did get along did they?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
That's CW's deal but I know he is still committed to it being done at some point. It is just a really time consuming process. Ross and I spent eight hours in the studio across three days on just part one of this project. CW finding time to hunker down in the studio like that is a tall task right now. It will be done at some point just hard to really say when with any certainty.

Cool. I assumed those types of podcasts consume more time than most people would think. First, you have to structure the storyline, do the interviews, then piece together sound clips to wave with the narration (among other things).

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He and Bruce never did get along did they?

Larry wasn’t a real nice guy to
Be around.

Bruce was hired to be a bad guy, and he is a bad guy so it was easy for him, to tighten up the budget after Gene Smith financed his way to a better job in Tempe.

Larry telling him to **** off, Bruce being a spiteful prick, and Pete Taylor dying, it was gonna blow up.

The Pete dying thing was a big deal. Bruce knew he couldn’t go up against him, and Larry respected him. It all went off the rails when he passed.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Gotcha - thanks!!

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Part 2 coming soon?

Really enjoyed this pod but bit perplexed by release schedule. Why wait 2 weeks between episodes?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I adamantly felt he should have been fired about a year+half earlier for what he did in Austin after the UT game.

Go on....

39730d1470334710-waiting-your-rs-like-check-watch.gif

tenor.gif

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Seriously though, I hate the cryptic "I know something you don't" bull ****

Agree. If you're gonna claim you have reliable evidence about something, be prepared to spill at least some of the beans. If not, why bother drawing attention to it?

Almost worse than that: "Such-and-such is common knowledge [even if it actually isn't to the majority of fans] ... then refusing to divulge anything when pressed for details.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Part 2 coming soon?

Really enjoyed this pod but bit perplexed by release schedule. Why wait 2 weeks between episodes?

I want to be clear that I am in no way singling you out but, lets remember that these pods take tons of work to put together. Jared, Chris and the CF staff do great work and they do have families and lives outside of CF. I think the product will be worth the wait :) Let's cut them some slack

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500