"We're not a defense you can minor in."

August

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2018
Colorado

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Very cool that National Champion Clemson sent their D Coordinator to Ames to learn more about our system. High praise.

I know these guys are all in the club, but why would we educate these guys? Does CMC draw the line with any coaches on our schedule?

• Agree
Reactions: Gomer80

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I know these guys are all in the club, but why would we educate these guys? Does CMC draw the line with any coaches on our schedule?
I think it would be naive to think there wasn't a swapping of information here. Heacock probably got to pick Brent Venables brain as well. You'd probably be surprised how much coaches talk during the off season. I mean Fred golfed with Bill Self. You can't tell me they didn't talk a little Xs and Os.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Clemson is a team we will most likely never face, and for the coaching staff its a great way to network. No jobs are forever, and you might need a friend to get you hired at your next school.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Clemson is a team we will most likely never face, and for the coaching staff its a great way to network. No jobs are forever, and you might need a friend to get you hired at your next school.

True, but if Clemson starts trying to steal our committed recruits we need to draw a line.
#jimlad

Reactions: t-noah

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think it would be naive to think there wasn't a swapping of information here. Heacock probably got to pick Brent Venables brain as well. You'd probably be surprised how much coaches talk during the off season. I mean Fred golfed with Bill Self. You can't tell me they didn't talk a little Xs and Os.
Venables: "First get a top 5 recruiting class each year. Then make sure you play in the ACC when FSU is dog crap. After that just do whatever. "

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Thought I read Self learned a lot about running a four guard offense from Fred.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Never? We stand as good a chance of playing Clemson as anybody else. You might have missed this, but we played Alabama—and should have beaten them, if a ref could see straight.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Never? We stand as good a chance of playing Clemson as anybody else. You might have missed this, but we played Alabama—and should have beaten them, if a ref could see straight.

"most likely never".

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Who?

• Friendly
Reactions: CY88CE11

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Alabama was a 7-5 piece of **** team the year we played them, Dennis Frachione was their coach, not Saban.
The only way we can ever play Clemson would be in the playoffs or Camping World Bowl, odds are not good either is going to happen. That is the only bowl that represents both the ACC and Big 12.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012

We played alabama because they werent very good. They are really good now. So is clemson. Probably wont play either.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron