Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Duck and cover Twin Cities northwest metro peeps. Think all I am going to get is the rumble rumble but I did unplug the old laptop. Going to miss me by miles but still sounds like the 4th of July.

Edit: The miss me was a little optimist. Swelled up like a puffer fish on radar.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sister asked for money again today, and she is having a baby in 4 months. Is is right for me to be this concerned?

Yeah, I'd be concerned. Is it "Hey could you float me a 20 for gas till payday this Fri? or is it Hey can you lend me 1200 to put a tranny back in my car money."

The 20 is no big deal bit hundreds or thousands with a baby on the way? Last I knew babies are fun and awesome but kind of pricey. Is the baby daddy in the picture at all?

Hope the baby is healthy and all goes well for her.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sister asked for money again today, and she is having a baby in 4 months. Is is right for me to be this concerned?

Yes, but what are going to do. Elderly friend (all Boxster age jokes aside, much older than me) borrowed money from me and said they would pay me back when they got their S.S. checks at the end of June. I know I am probably never getting that "loan" back. The fact they were in town recently and didn't call or make contact tells me what I need to know. In my mind I've called it charity. Kind of a chump for giving it but would have felt like an ass not to. :(

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Grilling rainout. Baked brown sugar glazed salmon was a decent sub. Now thinking of making a mini-size rhubarb crisp. Getting close to drunk cooking. When I start talking to myself in the Muppets Swedish chef voice I know it's drunk cooking time.

giphy.gif

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Yeah, I'd be concerned. Is it "Hey could you float me a 20 for gas till payday this Fri? or is it Hey can you lend me 1200 to put a tranny back in my car money."

The 20 is no big deal bit hundreds or thousands with a baby on the way? Last I knew babies are fun and awesome but kind of pricey. Is the baby daddy in the picture at all?

Hope the baby is healthy and all goes well for her.
Yes, but what are going to do. Elderly friend (all Boxster age jokes aside, much older than me) borrowed money from me and said they would pay me back when they got their S.S. checks at the end of June. I know I am probably never getting that "loan" back. The fact they were in town recently and didn't call or make contact tells me what I need to know. In my mind I've have called it charity. Kind of a chump for giving it but would have felt like an ass not to. :(

Its a few hundred bucks to cover her car payment. Long story short, she is correcting a few previous mistakes and apparently it is finally starting to click with her boyfriend and he is starting to help. Have a payment plan to pay it back, because this couple months has done a number to me financially. Will see how this goes.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Its a few hundred bucks to cover her car payment. Long story short, she is correcting a few previous mistakes and apparently it is finally starting to click with her boyfriend and he is starting to help. Have a payment plan to pay it back, because this couple months has done a number to me financially. Will see how this goes.

Remember not to set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
You weren't the only one. Mrs. Velo and I did as well. I think I did because I had read many of Ian Fleming's books and he painted Bond as something of a lithe but brutal animal under his skin. I thought Craig did a good job of portraying that original characterization. It's probably also why I never thought Roger Moore fit the role even though he was Bond for most of my formative years.

I was also looking forward Elba in the role. The dude has a pretty wide range. I hadn't heard about the latest Bond news until just now. I can only imagine where that thread went.

Your interpretation of Bond is spot on. The one word Fleming used most often when describing him was "cruel". Craig's demeanor, to me, portrayed how a 00 agent should be - serious, alert, not given to friendliness or compassion. Moore was a twit. Connery will always be Bond to me, he was most definitely what was described back in the day as a "man's man".

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When I was in school, halls like barton and maple were all female, and others were either all male or female. Now BWR and oak/elm are the only all unisex dorms. We would have 1-2 sister floors also, I doubt they do that now with most being co-ed.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
With old acquaintances staying with us from tomorrow through Sunday for a wedding and leaving on Sunday for Oshkosh my anxiety is in high gear. Also interviewing today for a position that now that I have found out more I don't really want. At the point that I would be more relieved if I don't get it and stressed if I am offered it. Already sent the hiring manager one email yesterday.

Yay adulthood....

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Grilling rainout. Baked brown sugar glazed salmon was a decent sub. Now thinking of making a mini-size rhubarb crisp. Getting close to drunk cooking. When I start talking to myself in the Muppets Swedish chef voice I know it's drunk cooking time.

giphy.gif
I finished grilling in time. It was raining but not storming when I finished. I did not have time for the grill to cool down so the grill cover is on the deck's floor. That was a nasty storm.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Did the backyard last night after work. It sucked, but DND. Rewarded myself with a couple giant gin and tonics. (After the requisite 2 gallons of water, of course.)
I got my mowing done after work. It wasn't as awful as I had anticipated. Glad it's done because the rest of the week is going to be yuck.

It poured here this morning so I'm sure that will help raise the humidity levels a bit higher.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Our first girl was pretty good when it came to sleeping. The second was awful. She would roll around at night until her covers were off, and at about 3 am she would wake up crying because she was cold. This went on until she was old enough to cover herself back up, but guess who still wakes up around 3 am every night?

Status
Not open for further replies.