Bob Lazar

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Los Alamos also denied ever having known or heard of him, saying he didn't ever work there. Then a phone registry of employees turned up with his name listed. And an article from the early 80s in the Los Alamos newspaper profiled Lazar and mentioned his employment as a physicist at the lab.

Listened to the Rogan podcast and he seemed very credible. Then you read a bit and it seems to fall apart. I haven't spent much time researching this, but this is a pretty good writeup that debunks Lazar pretty well: http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/...bob-lazar-story-from-the-perspective-of-2018/

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
The Bob Lazar doc. is a fun Sci-Fi NetFlix thing. I could have done without the heavy bass music and dramatically deep, raspy wise old man over voice lecturing in cosmic tidbits.

I have always loved UFO stuff and read it like Sci-Fi literature as a kid. Lazar has been an on-again, off-again topic for me. It exists in that shadowy world of "wow how could that be true" and then the incidents in his life makes you uneasy. But really with all the stuff claimed there is so little solid evidence.

For starters where is the video of the endless parade of agents in the recent raid of his workshop? The neighbors say something happened but yet where are the cell phone vids. I could go into other stuff but its seems futile to even get in the weeds with Area 51 topic and maybe that is the goal.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneworld

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Got maybe 5 minutes into it last night, but the 3 year old refused to go to sleep so had to postpone the rest.

Initial reaction: it'd be nice if they skipped all the weird ass theatrics at the beginning. All that just makes the wife more skeptical in my doc choice for the evening, get to the point!

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Just remember billions of planets and solar systems exist. In 1988/89 I don't believe that was anywhere close to mainstream thinking or belief. Think about that now and that seems totally dumb/ignorant we didn't already believe that.

Also, you have to keep in mind the testimony/interviews with the military pilots. They know that what they saw was nothing they have seen before or of any kind of conventional technology and movements the human body cannot withstand with tech we know of. Someone has it and it came from somewhere. Again just hope it is the good guys.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneIce

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I do believe in alien life, alien intelligence, and even the possibility of them visiting earth. Like I said, I WANT to believe him. But if I'm being honest with myself some very basic details of his story do not add up. The fact that were not one but 9 alien aircraft, and they were ALL different. That has some very eyebrow raising implications. The fact that they were so focused on keeping individual programs isolated from each other, but they had all the ships in one location and all the hangar doors open so he could see all of them. The fact that despite how tight security was and how little information they gave him he was able to get a flight test schedule?! And there were plenty more questions I had listening to his claims. I actually started out believing him, but by the end there was too much that did not pass the smell test for me. I think he is an intelligent guy with decades to formulate a convincing story, but he is nothing more than a good conman.

Yeah I get it. And I also get they fed info that was disinformation. Wondered same things. Why put some sort of USA emblem on the aircraft? That seems so dumb, but yet we are talking about the government. Also, he states at least one or more of the craft were found in some archaeological dig?? To me that was a bit too much, but again could have been disinformation he was fed.

In our lifetimes we will know I believe. Think how things change. As Joe states it is one of the two big questions in life, are we alone and what happens after someone dies.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
I was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford but unfortunately the government wants me to be a CPA so they have "gotten rid of" all those records
tumblr_osq5k4uGHr1vual34o1_540.gif

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Got maybe 5 minutes into it last night, but the 3 year old refused to go to sleep so had to postpone the rest.

Initial reaction: it'd be nice if they skipped all the weird ass theatrics at the beginning. All that just makes the wife more skeptical in my doc choice for the evening, get to the point!

I found the Rogan podcast/youtube better and Joe adds a lot of good commentary to it and asks a lot of questions. The documentary thing on Netflix was just kind of weird in the way it is produced. It does talk about stuff not in the podcast but the way he put it together for the documentary just was kind of strange.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
Here's my opinion on the guy and mystery surrounding him:

The guy is very intelligent and did go to these various universities and worked at Los Alamos, etc. He likely worked on secret government research for what is actually at Area 51 - high tech and experimental military aircraft, missiles, etc. At some point, he started believing crazy conspiracies about aliens. This could easily happen, even to an intelligent person. Maybe he had a really bad year (think divorce, deaths in the family, etc) and lost it for a while. Then, he started filtering all of his world through the lens that aliens are real and there is some kind of secret shadow government, etc. Eventually, he starts going public with his ideas, which causes MIT, CalTech, Los Alamos, etc to disown him. These kinds of organizations do not want to be associated with alien conspiracy theorists. They all now deny any association to him because they do not want to lend any credence to his theories.

I also think people need to remember that there is a significant difference between aliens and UFOs. Aliens have not been seen or reported by any credible witnesses. UFOs have been seen by credible witnesses. There are a lot of things out there which have no relation to aliens at all that we don't understand about the universe. Many UFOs were secret government research planes seen by random people, many more are just people seeing things they can't understand and attributing it to aliens. The human mind is a strange thing. Our brains are so programmed to recognize certain patterns that we see them even when they aren't there. For example, people often look at a random pile of sticks and leaves and see a human face.

It's boring, but that's reality.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Here's my opinion on the guy and mystery surrounding him:

The guy is very intelligent and did go to these various universities and worked at Los Alamos, etc. He likely worked on secret government research for what is actually at Area 51 - high tech and experimental military aircraft, missiles, etc. At some point, he started believing crazy conspiracies about aliens. This could easily happen, even to an intelligent person. Maybe he had a really bad year (think divorce, deaths in the family, etc) and lost it for a while. Then, he started filtering all of his world through the lens that aliens are real and there is some kind of secret shadow government, etc. Eventually, he starts going public with his ideas, which causes MIT, CalTech, Los Alamos, etc to disown him. These kinds of organizations do not want to be associated with alien conspiracy theorists. They all now deny any association to him because they do not want to lend any credence to his theories.

I also think people need to remember that there is a significant difference between aliens and UFOs. Aliens have not been seen or reported by any credible witnesses. UFOs have been seen by credible witnesses. There are a lot of things out there which have no relation to aliens at all that we don't understand about the universe. Many UFOs were secret government research planes seen by random people, many more are just people seeing things they can't understand and attributing it to aliens. The human mind is a strange thing. Our brains are so programmed to recognize certain patterns that we see them even when they aren't there. For example, people often look at a random pile of sticks and leaves and see a human face.

It's boring, but that's reality.
Regarding Lazar, I feel like this doesn't make any sense. And to think the schools erased his history without pressure from any organization makes even less sense. Brilliant people go crazy all the time, their schools don't erase their history.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Just remember billions of planets and solar systems exist. In 1988/89 I don't believe that was anywhere close to mainstream thinking or belief. Think about that now and that seems totally dumb/ignorant we didn't already believe that.

The Drake equation has been around since what, the 60s? I think it was considered fairly mainstream and certainly more likely than not by the 80s.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Listened to the podcast today and being a skeptic with this stuff, I’m not sure what to think. At certain points I felt myself calling ******** but for the most part, I felt he came off very credible. Maybe I’ve watched too many TV shows but I find it very plausible that the .gov had the resources, especially with the lack of electronic files, to wipe his records and keep people silent.

Ole Barry, if he’s still alive, needs to come forward to corroborate the story.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
The government IS very incompetent.
Incompetent? It is often (at least historically) filled with the the best people who often do something because they love it not for the money (though competitive pay is important). Typically people mean bureaucratic machinery makes no sense at a lot of levels even though it may have a goal. It makes no sense not because it is incompetent but hasn't evolved yet to solve a problem.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Incompetent? It is often (at least historically) filled with the the best people who often do something because they love it not for the money (though competitive pay is important). Typically people mean bureaucratic machinery makes no sense at a lot of levels even though it may have a goal. It makes no sense not because it is incompetent but hasn't evolved yet to solve a problem.
No, incompetent is the correct word. We have far too many people that are homeless and the government does nothing about it. That is one of hundreds of examples I could give.

Where do most of these politicians come from? Rich families. They are handed everything and don't know what it's like to struggle in life. They don't have to work in a factory and live paycheck to paycheck. And a majority of them are corrupt. This is why I have never voted and probably never will. Because the choices we are given are complete garbage.

Keep living in fantasy land though. We live in a country ran by horrible scumbags that do not care about any of us.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
NASA!? for starters was for all of us and took us to the Moon. When there was a problem the Gov. experts were the top of the line on-call to fix a problem. You now live in a world were Gov. has been denigrated, taken apart and we are instilled with disinformation. Too bad you live in this modern world were Gov. is the now considered "the problem" as a addled old Prez. once said. Good luck to you to rely on nice monopolies and billionaire sociopaths who only have your best interest at heart.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron