MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I assume the kid gets tossed from the game since he interfered on Rizzo’s foulball. I get the rule but Im not even sure the left fielder was going to catch it.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
How can you call that? I get fan interference on a HR ball because you can tell, in most instances, that the ball would go over the fence.

You cant assume that the LF makes the catch there if the fan doesnt get his glove on it.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Puig is jacked too though and he's crazy so I usually give crazy the edge in a fight if all else is equal.
Neither one of them was interested in fighting. If a player really wants to throw down they charge vs the "hold me back" tough guy routine they were doing.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Along with many rules in many sports, its the right call but a ****** rule. Len’s description makes sense but it’s just stupid since it would’ve taken a pretty damn impressive play for the guy to catch it

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Just caught up on my DVR. That's a ******** call. I don't know how you can just assume the catch in that situation when an outfielder is still making his way over there. If he was camped under it waiting and then the fan's glove interferes I could MAYBE understand assuming the catch. But that play.....no way.

If the outfield was sliding toward the wall with his glove up would they still have called interference there? A much more difficult play to be made......would they still assume the catch? That's a ridiculous call, and I don't care how the rule is written.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Seems like every time we allow a stolen base or have a passed ball/wild pitch and a runner moves into scoring position, it comes back to bite us. Reds 4th and 5th runs both came on Puig stealing second and a weak bloop single. Baseball is stupid

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron