Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Isn't flying high a violation of FAA rules? I know you aren't supposed to be drunk.
Not my sign. Our generation had a classier Dana House sign, though there were some who were likely flying high quite a bit. I yield the floor to @wxman1 concerning FAA rules as I've never been called upon to research them. The closest I ever got to that was helping an Executor sell a plane owned by the decedent as we administered the estate.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Not my sign. Our generation had a classier Dana House sign, though there were some who were likely flying high quite a bit. I yield the floor to @wxman1 concerning FAA rules as I've never been called upon to research them. The closest I ever got to that was helping an Executor sell a plane owned by the decedent as we administered the estate.

Yeah that's a no go as well.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So the vixen's 40-year class reunion is this weekend, and yours truly has been tabbed to drive his pick-up while pulling a flatbed trailer so they can all ride in the annual Manson Crater Days parade.

I'm thinking this will be a nice thing to add to my resume. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My favorite summertime libation:
w72136925f_1.jpg

With tonic and fresh lime (well-bruised, thank you). It's like the nectar of the gods.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So the vixen's 40-year class reunion is this weekend, and yours truly has been tabbed to drive his pick-up while pulling a flatbed trailer so they can all ride in the annual Manson Crater Days parade.

I'm thinking this will be a nice thing to add to my resume. :rolleyes:
But they never said what speed you have to drive. I'm thinking it should end up something like this...

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
When DH still officiated high school baseball and softball, I'd occasionally ride along and watch the games. Loved to listen to the fans in the stands -- I tried to sit behind home plate and partway up. Needed to see the ball crossing the plate as much as possible so I could smile or roll my eyes or whatever as I listened to fan remarks. Of course I was always listening for the "that guy's really good" comments, but they were few and far between. No big issues or dust ups. It was fun, but I'm not sure how much fun some of today's games would be.

Many places, when husband calls baseball & softball, there's no room in the box, so he's set up at a table he brings right behind the backstop. He's bit his tongue a few times, according to him, to not say what he really thought of a ball/strike or safe/out call. It's USUALLY "Ooooh, I don't know if I agree with that call." [What really grinds his gears is an inconsistent strike zone. Fine. Your zone's a little small or big to what it should be? Don't call it a ball when a pitch in the exact same place the previous half inning was a strike when our team was up to bat].

More often than not, he's gotten basically "Good call." from HP umpires, if they comment at all.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At a pizza joint and this guy in a booth a couple down has his phone on speakerphone and everyone has to hear his conversation and it’s not a short one.

Talking about some ladies health and it can’t be HIPPA secure. Lady is 77 apparently.

• Dislike
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One of my sons classmates families was the other family there so I started yelling back and forth to the other dad to see if the guy got the hint. Couldn’t pull it off because we both started laughing too hard.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone and SaraV

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Found out family forgot to give me a message. Apparently this church that is carved out of one of our fields has some lilac bushes that got hit with some chemical damage and just nipped some leaves. Had it custom sprayed and they want to claim against the company.

Wouldn’t be a big deal to me but I have let them tromp down my corn several years to make their tree trimming easier. Let them leave trees piled in my field and I just farmed around them, let them tile into my field to help their drainage, have the use of a couple acres when they had a huge celebration a couple years ago and more. Now they are upset because they had some bushes get stunted temporarily. Think I’m done being a good neighbor.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hungry after happy hour but nothing to eat that didn't need to be thawed. Than saw the avocado and remembered the CF posts mocking avocado and toast. So, avocado and toast! FTW

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Found out family forgot to give me a message. Apparently this church that is carved out of one of our fields has some lilac bushes that got hit with some chemical damage and just nipped some leaves. Had it custom sprayed and they want to claim against the company.

Wouldn’t be a big deal to me but I have let them tromp down my corn several years to make their tree trimming easier. Let them leave trees piled in my field and I just farmed around them, let them tile into my field to help their drainage, have the use of a couple acres when they had a huge celebration a couple years ago and more. Now they are upset because they had some bushes get stunted temporarily. Think I’m done being a good neighbor.

Lilacs are the weeds of the shrub family, no wonder they got nipped. I'd have sympathy if it were an actual shrub of value damaged. ;)

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone and IcSyU

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Got switched to a new laptop at work. Had copied stuff to Onedrive beforehand yet it doesn't show up. If I reboot the old PC I can see the stuff I copied.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
It is EAA ;) but yes you did if you were on 41. A month too early though ;)

I got to have a bit of fun as my phone wasn't giving me the directions for some reason and my on-ramp was closed.........detour signs not super clear. Made it though. It was like living in 2004 without a car map.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

It might be neighborly to remind them of what a good neighbor you have been up to this point and see if that influences them going through with the claim.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron