****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Suggs has listed 3 teams as frontrunners in his recruitment, ISU is still in the hunt. "So, we’ll see.”

"“I would say it’s between Gonzaga, Minnesota and Marquette,” said Suggs. “I think those are the three frontrunners. Those are the three schools that I’m closest with and have some of the best relationships with.”
However, Suggs isn’t quite ready to cut his list down just yet.
“There are some other ones involved,” he said. “Michigan is emerging. I’ve talked to coach Juwan Howard a lot lately. Iowa and Iowa State are still in the mix. They’ve been in my recruitment, pretty much ever since my seventh grade year. So, we’ll see.”
https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/18/jalen-suggs-names-three-frontrunners-in-his-recruitment/

Reactions: Cytown12

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Suggs has listed 3 teams as frontrunners in his recruitment, ISU is still in the hunt. "So, we’ll see.”

"“I would say it’s between Gonzaga, Minnesota and Marquette,” said Suggs. “I think those are the three frontrunners. Those are the three schools that I’m closest with and have some of the best relationships with.”
“There are some other ones involved,” he said. “Michigan is emerging. I’ve talked to coach Juwan Howard a lot lately. Iowa and Iowa State are still in the mix. They’ve been in my recruitment, pretty much ever since my seventh grade year. So, we’ll see.”
https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/18/jalen-suggs-names-three-frontrunners-in-his-recruitment/

In other words, it's probably time to shift efforts elsewhere...

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

We've been grouped with Iowa for a phenomenal basketball player. Obviously, we're completely out of the race.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
In other words, it's probably time to shift efforts elsewhere...

Well, on the surface yes but unless he officially eliminates ISU I don't think Prohm will stop recruiting him. He isn't going to back off and is technically in his top 6, especially after recruiting Suggs for over 2 years.
I would put Gonzaga as the favorite as of today but from his list it is pretty obvious he would like to stay in the midwest.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Well, on the surface yes but unless he officially eliminates ISU I don't think Prohm will stop recruiting him. He isn't going to back off and is technically in his top 6, especially after recruiting Suggs for over 2 years.
I would put Gonzaga as the favorite as of today but from his list it is pretty obvious he would like to stay in the midwest.

What a waste of a player in the WCC.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I guess the bright side with Suggs is that he says he’s still considering playing football in college and two of his top three schools don’t have football

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
We've been grouped with Iowa for a phenomenal basketball player. Obviously, we're completely out of the race.
i believe the only reason we are still in the running (along with Iowa) is because we have offered both a Football and Basketball scholarship, and indicated both sports would be open to him doing that

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I did see this weekend Tyrese tag in on his Instagram story while at Team USA tryouts. It's always nice to have a player connection.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Seems like a waste of time to recruit these top 20ish type guys.

I see them now as basically as grad transfers. I don't get to excited about them. I am happy we can snag some. However, I like guys ranked 50-75. Lot's of skill but usually need some development and will be around a few years. Don't get me wrong. If we could snag 5 top 20 kids. I would be all about it.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

I figured we never had a serious shot with him, but that's an odd final 3 given his ranking.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron