Cam Lard Going Pro, Signing with Agent

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Leave it to Cyclone fans to say negative things about someone who is saying they love the school you root for.

I took his tweet as him saying one of the reasons why he chose to not transfer to another school is because he loves Iowa State too much and doesn’t want to betray the fans, coaches and his teammates. So instead, he’s going pro.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I took his tweet as him saying one of the reasons why he chose to not transfer to another school is because he loves Iowa State too much and doesn’t want to betray the fans, coaches and his teammates. So instead, he’s going pro.

And no other school wanted to take him and his baggage on.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
After he arrived late at ISU due to classwork issues Cam played in 53 games for the Cyclones. By my count he missed 10 games due to suspension. 15%. Couple that with his summer at a wellness center and i think it’s very fair to say he had baggage. I’m thankful for Cams short time as a Cyclone and at times he seemed really engaged and one of the better players in the conference but him saying he’s not going to another school out of “loyalty” is a farce. I hope Cam has a sucessful professional basketball career and sets himself up well financially but the only reason his time at ISU was so short lived is because of his own actions, it’s no one else’s fault but his own and it doesn’t seem like he’s yet realized that based on his “loyalty” comment and how we’ve never heard of it.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I wish Cam the best, but I doubt a P5 school was going to invest two years to get him for one.

This is where I am at. I was maybe the biggest Cam fan but he probably would have had to go mid major. Where he could have been an all conference level guy.

Reactions: IASTATE07

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Leave it to Cyclone fans to say negative things about someone who is saying they love the school you root for.

I wasn't saying anything about the tweet other than it was oddly worded, nor was the post that I quoted saying anything negative.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Weird tweet

I'll take what I do understand from that tweet (and the emoticons) rather than what I don't understand in it. Good luck Cam. Glad to have you in Ames.

• Useful
Reactions: bots

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I wasn't saying anything about the tweet other than it was oddly worded, nor was the post that I quoted saying anything negative.
You’re good. I was more so referencing the comment about loyalty means not getting suspended and the sarcastic post about buying into Cam’s reasoning. I don’t think Cam has anything negative to say about ISU or the fans. I truly think he wishes he was still here. Part of me thinks it wasn’t his decision to leave. He’s always posting old highlights and reminiscing about his good times here. Bottom line is he seems like a good dude who just simply made mistakes and I wish everyone would be able to support him still. When I used to make CCL highlights for the team, Cam was always super nice during the process so maybe it’s just easier for me to forgive him for his mistakes than others because I have good experiences with him. I really wish it worked out for him here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You’re good. I was more so referencing the comment about loyalty means not getting suspended and the sarcastic post about buying into Cam’s reasoning. I don’t think Cam has anything negative to say about ISU or the fans. I truly think he wishes he was still here. Part of me thinks it wasn’t his decision to leave. He’s always posting old highlights and reminiscing about his good times here. Bottom line is he seems like a good dude who just simply made mistakes and I wish everyone would be able to support him still. When I used to make CCL highlights for the team, Cam was always super nice during the process so maybe it’s just easier for me to forgive him for his mistakes than others because I have good experiences with him. I really wish it worked out for him here.

*raises hand* I'm one who made the comment about his suspensions and I'll stand by it. And if it wasn't his decision to leave officially, it was his decision to keep toeing the line even after getting help from his coach. At some point a coach probably just wants to do more coaching.

He seemed to at least attempt to right the ship and perhaps it'll click at some point. I wish him the best as there's some real raw ability there and it's cool he's at least staying positive via social media.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
*raises hand* I'm one who made the comment about his suspensions and I'll stand by it. And if it wasn't his decision to leave officially, it was his decision to keep toeing the line even after getting help from his coach. At some point a coach probably just wants to do more coaching.

He seemed to at least attempt to right the ship and perhaps it'll click at some point. I wish him the best as there's some real raw ability there and it's cool he's at least staying positive via social media.
That’s fair. He definitely could’ve handled himself better during his time here and if he did, it probably wouldn’t be over. He only has himself to blame for it but I do think he still loves Iowa State and that his tweet wasn’t throwing shade at anyone.

Reactions: Messi

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I find that hard to believe, I've seen players with far more baggage and less talent get taken by P5 schools plenty of times.

Agreed but those players were also likely more talented. Lard showed flashes, no doubt, but at the end of the day he averaged 9.4 ppg 5.7 rpg 1.7 bpg and 3 fouls in 20 mpg. Pretty good but I dont know if a p6 program was going to make a investment in him as a sit 1 play 1

Reactions: isutrevman