MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Kris Bryant is the second player in MLB history to homer in the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings of the same game, per @EliasSports. (The other was J.D. Martinez.)

Reactions: CYdTracked

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
And tonight's game is on KDSM also. Guess I'd better break out the antenna and get it hooked up.....
Doesn't work OTA either. Good thing is tonight it's a national broadcast, so you might be able to watch through the Fox Sports app. Although I'm sure some MLB blackout policy prohibits that.

On that note, MLB has to figure their **** out. It's sad that it's easier to be a Cubs fan in Kansas City than it is in Des Moines. The MLB TV app is awesome and works great, but can't use it as a Cubs fan in Iowa.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Doesn't work OTA either. Good thing is tonight it's a national broadcast, so you might be able to watch through the Fox Sports app. Although I'm sure some MLB blackout policy prohibits that.

On that note, MLB has to figure their **** out. It's sad that it's easier to be a Cubs fan in Kansas City than it is in Des Moines. The MLB TV app is awesome and works great, but can't use it as a Cubs fan in Iowa.

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking while posting that earlier. Only Mediacom right now, apparently.

And yes, MLB needs to fix their blackout rules. They can't be allowing 5 MLB teams to claim Iowa and the Des Moines area as their home markets. As far as I know we're the only state/area that is in this predicament. It's ******* ridiculous.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking while posting that earlier. Only Mediacom right now, apparently.

And yes, MLB needs to fix their blackout rules. They can't be allowing 5 MLB teams to claim Iowa and the Des Moines area as their home markets. As far as I know we're the only state/area that is in this predicament. It's ******* ridiculous.
It's 6 MLB teams, FYI. Las Vegas area and Iowa are tied for the most blackout teams.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I want to give them money, but they refuse to provide a simple service. This shouldn't be complicated.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
MLB reddit streams is my best friend. But if MLB.tv didn't black out Cubs games they would get my money every single summer. Hope the new Cubs network is good

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Have been watching the cubs on reddit all season, but the game isn't showing up for me tonight. Anybody else having the same issue?

Edit: It popped up for me. Not sure why it took so long.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Clonefan23

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron