Game of Thrones Season 8

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Finally caught up to this thread from Sunday. Yikes, a lot of haters out there. I'm not a GoT diehard by any means, but what did y'all really expect to happen with only two episodes left?

I'm just trying to enjoy this show while it's still here. Might be a long time before we get one like it again, if ever. Sunday will be a bittersweet for sure.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
This would have been widely accepted by almost everyone not in denial. But the showrunners didn't want this because they want all the viewers to not be conflicted about her. They want us all to hate her and know she is the big bad villain that has to be put down period. It's cheap.

I have no problem with the turn. But she’s a villain for one week in a show that’s lasted years. So we don’t have the build up of hate like we did with Cersi or Joffrey. I think that’s why it feels cheap.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
So, I know the books and the show are two separate yet connected entities, and while I understand and agree with some of the criticisms in this thread while still enjoying the show, I do have to wonder and want to ask you other fans...how much blame does/should GRRM get for taking so damn long with the books?

IMO he should get some. I know they are huge books with layers upon layers of intricacies and more complexity than our nation's tax laws, but for cryin' out loud it's been 8 freakin' years now.

His books, his story, his own damn timeline.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I have no problem with the turn. But she’s a villain for one week in a show that’s lasted years. So we don’t have the build up of hate like we did with Cersi or Joffrey. I think that’s why it feels cheap.
And I get the affect. We all feel she needs to be dealt with now but it will still feel more like a tragedy than us cheering like we did for Cersei, Joffrey and Ramsey.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
This is kind of off the wall, but I was disappointed when Dany was introduced and she didn't have the violet/purple eyes only Targaryens have in the books. I think it would have added a lot to the exotic nature of her character.

Reactions: srjclone

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
So I finally got caught up on this thread. Right after the episode end I looked at my wife and she was pissed because the whole time Dany has been her favorite. The first thing I thought of and said to her "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." (thank you batman)

Where they have gotten to in the story with the main points is what GRRM has told them so the basic concepts is what he defined and I have enjoyed. I do think D&D could have done a lot better job writing to get there but lets face it they are not as good as GRRM. Also could more episodes help them get there probably for sure. I have still enjoy watching the show and see how the story develops.

The show is still doing what a good show should everyone is talking about it and debating it. I do think they did a good job with the hesitation after the bells went off. I think you had two camps ones wanting Dany to be good (like my wife) and the others wanting to see the world burn. People thought they knew which way it was going to go but in reality it really was just a flip of a coin.