RECRUITING: Caleb Grill (commits!)

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
We had two four star recruits riding the bench most of last year in Lewis and Griffin. It’s not that big of a leap to assume one of them takes the reigns. Honestly I think its more likely both of them will play heavy minutes unless we’re playing two bigs.

I dont see how the need to fill holes with the left over spring recruits helps this year. Get two sit out transfers. Even if Grill comes here, he wont make an impact next season, based on my untrained eye.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
If we get someone that will help next year people will just move their bar again as to keep the Eeyore narrative alive.

Some might be pushing that narrative but I disagree with you lumping me in with them. It was merely an observation that the current roster, unless multiple players make big improvements, will likely not be a tournament team.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Some might be pushing that narrative but I disagree with you lumping me in with them. It was merely an observation that the current roster, unless multiple players make big improvements, will likely not be a tournament team.

My observation is to wait and see how the grad transfer thing works itself out as there is a long way to go on that. With the current state of transfers in college basketball the "if the season started today" verbiage is useless in May and simply a starting point for a silly debate about if we are a tournament team or not.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

Yeah, I agree. The odds don't look good right now but if some guys surprise with their production, they certainly could get back there. Just have to hope the staff and the guys really put in the work in the offseason.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

True but to not expect development from multiple freshman and sophomores is unlikely too. We know there is potential talent that wan't able to get on the court last year due to multiple NBA prospects, let's see if it is realized. If Leech arrives on campus at 90-100% healthy he will be an impact freshman for ISU IMO.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
One thing I think is absolutely fair to expect is one of Lewis, Leech, Griffin, or Jackson to be better than we know about right now. I don't think any of them will be as good as Wigginton, THT, or Shayok were last year. Prove me wrong guys!

At the same time it would be nice to have a bunch of guys that work together and play some good old fashion team ball. Love Wiggs and THT. Would love to have both back in a second. However, we were always best when we were swinging the ball around the court getting the open shot and not as good when we went one on one. There is a time for one on one ball but I think we just did to much of it last year.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
True but to not expect development from multiple freshman and sophomores is unlikely too. We know there is potential talent that wan't able to get on the court last year due to multiple NBA prospects, let's see if it is realized. If Leech arrives on campus at 90-100% healthy he will be an impact freshman for ISU IMO.

Absolutely. I am almost expecting a big jump from Lewis. I know he has the tools and it’s merely been a matter of putting it together. I am hoping for Zion to improve a lot as well. I think Leech is another year or two away. It’s incredibly hard to bounce back from your leg snapping in half.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Absolutely. I am almost expecting a big jump from Lewis. I know he has the tools and it’s merely been a matter of putting it together. I am hoping for Zion to improve a lot as well. I think Leech is another year or two away. It’s incredibly hard to bounce back from your leg snapping in half.

Im not. I expect Lewis to be a good roll player. Like the 7th man. That's not a bad thing because every team needs one. Just don't think he has the skill set to break out and become the man.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Im not. I expect Lewis to be a good roll player. Like the 7th man. That's not a bad thing because every team needs one. Just don't think he has the skill set to break out and become the man.

He's starter quality on offense. If he can bring his defense up to even average, I think it will be hard to keep him off the floor.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I hope Prohm can make some progress in getting his players to play better D. I'm not bashing him for that, I'm just skeptical.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron