Game of Thrones Season 8

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Not enough main characters killed.

That's my thinking too. And as cruel as it sounds, if all live that this link states live it's a little unrealistic. If this battle is as big as they say there is no way all the characters live that supposedly live.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This "spoiler" mixes theories. If the NK is headed to King's Landing instead, which is a pretty common prediction, but also notes the dead crypt Starks rise and fight for the dead, also a pretty common prediction, who raises them? Can't raise the dead without the NK. Right? That's what is throwing me off.

I thought that too but have been told that any WW can raise the dead, not only the NK. But I admit I have no absolute truth or knowledge.

• Winner
Reactions: helechopper

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

Many redditors call this "plausible" but I'm not sure if I buy it. Hope it is different than this.

After what happened last year....I would not want to be a person who leaked information. They went to great lengths to avoid people knowing what happened in full episodes (even sending out fake and redacted scripts to the actors at times), so the people that "know" a full story, are very few. Could be a career ender for someone.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
After what happened last year....I would not want to be a person who leaked information. They went to great lengths to avoid people knowing what happened in full episodes (even sending out fake and redacted scripts to the actors at times), so the people that "know" a full story, are very few. Could be a career ender for someone.

While this leak is, to me, believable, it's also not out of the realm of possibility that a super fan got incredibly crafty on what they think could happen and posted it and none of it is true.

Regardless if it's true or not, it's an entertaining read.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
While this leak is, to me, believable, it's also not out of the realm of possibility that a super fan got incredibly crafty on what they think could happen and posted it and none of it is true.

Regardless if it's true or not, it's an entertaining read.

Agreed. I think between the trailer for E3 and various fan theories (NK going to KL), we could have written a plot summary just as believable.

Maybe I am cold-blooded, but the number of narrow escapes outlined in that spoiler makes me doubtful.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and dahliaclone

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I have opened and closed that Spoiler Tab 4 times already.

giphy.gif

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
What happened last year?

By the way, I think they even actually filmed multiple endings, so the actors wouldn't actually know which ones were used.

My brain is bad today. Maybe I should have said last season, season 7 where the plot of the entire season was leaked on reddit.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If you have a good bit of time, read this theory from reddit. It’s wild and honestly would be a huge third WTF moment. It's a deep theory about what the NK wants.

From a comment on the reddit post here is another theory: (my summary)
Beric explained to Jon how killing the NK will end the dead's attack. Another option for the 3rd WTF moment would be the living kill the NK but the dead don't stop. He's not the key. The Three Eyed Raven is the key, just so happens that Bran is that person right now. Bittersweet. If the NK killed the old 3ER Bran would still be alive. So they actually have to kill the Three Eyed Bran to end the Long Night.

• Useful
Reactions: isudoc03

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
From a comment on the reddit post here is another theory: (my summary)
Beric explained to Jon how killing the NK will end the dead's attack. Another option for the 3rd WTF moment would be the living kill the NK but the dead don't stop. He's not the key. The Three Eyed Raven is the key, just so happens that Bran is that person right now. Bittersweet. If the NK killed the old 3ER Bran would still be alive. So they actually have to kill the Three Eyed Bran to end the Long Night.
That doesn't really make any sense to me.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Dear lord that’s an incredible theory and I wouldn’t mind one bit if that’s how it all goes down. What an amazing potential insight.

The only flaw is that in the TV show, I don’t think a Night Queen is ever mentioned. You’d think B and W would drop some hints.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy and Doc

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron