Time to nominate your favorite breaded pork tenderloin

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
LJ's on 2nd in DSM

Family-owned place, a lot like Dairy Queen but so much better. They always had BOGO coupons for tenderloins on Fairway receipts. I had many of them when we lived there. Very good.

• Informative
Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
A few years ago The Lucky Pig in Ogden won. I stopped by on the way back from an ISU game to try the tenderloin. I'm not a huge fan of tenderloins but I have to admit it was pretty darn good.
The Lucky Pig has some tenderloin sliders that are really good. Small breaded tenderloin with creamy Parmesan dressing on a Hawaiian sweet roll.

stinkbaitcatfish

Aug 13, 2018
Huntington Beach , CA
He meant to say Prairie City
..... nevermind... I found the correct answer on the internet Super Highway
What are some of the new developments in and around Polk City, and who is behind it?
Since 2012, IGII has formed or bought into many projects and initiatives in Polk City. When we purchase land or buildings, our goal is always to make improvements that help the town’s appearance as well as help grow our investments. Other various eye sores around the town have been demolished and the space made available for new buildings and homes.

Some of our investments are considered high-risk (such as investing in the Big Creek Technology Campus and the re-visualization of the former Broken Arrow Building), while others are low-risk and not meant for a direct return on investment (such as the refurbished Polk City Square Playground).

What is this new building on the Square?
The “new” building ~ which is actually a refurbishing of the facility formerly known as the “Broken Arrow” ~ is the most visible of our current projects. This new facility will serve as a business hub on the corner of the Polk City Square.

Concept of this new building.
The new structure was conceived as a corner-anchor of the Square, leasing office space to a variety of businesses. The facility will feature private office suites, a reception area, and a centrally-situated shared conference room. The exterior features a large courtyard facing the Square, and will be open to the public.

Why did you knock down the original building?
There have been some questions as to why it was necessary to demolish the old east-facing concrete-block building. The answer is: 1), it was structurally unsound, and 2) it had become a bit of an eyesore.

In keeping the west-facing part of the structure, we hoped to retain a bit of the history of the original structure while creating a new, modern façade facing the Square. There is an old saying: “You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.”  However, that is exactly the challenge IGII thrives upon, meaning we take great pride in our ability to improve existing business and to create new business opportunities.....

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
..... nevermind... I found the correct answer on the internet Super Highway
What are some of the new developments in and around Polk City, and who is behind it?
Since 2012, IGII has formed or bought into many projects and initiatives in Polk City. When we purchase land or buildings, our goal is always to make improvements that help the town’s appearance as well as help grow our investments. Other various eye sores around the town have been demolished and the space made available for new buildings and homes.

Some of our investments are considered high-risk (such as investing in the Big Creek Technology Campus and the re-visualization of the former Broken Arrow Building), while others are low-risk and not meant for a direct return on investment (such as the refurbished Polk City Square Playground).

What is this new building on the Square?
The “new” building ~ which is actually a refurbishing of the facility formerly known as the “Broken Arrow” ~ is the most visible of our current projects. This new facility will serve as a business hub on the corner of the Polk City Square.

Concept of this new building.
The new structure was conceived as a corner-anchor of the Square, leasing office space to a variety of businesses. The facility will feature private office suites, a reception area, and a centrally-situated shared conference room. The exterior features a large courtyard facing the Square, and will be open to the public.

Why did you knock down the original building?
There have been some questions as to why it was necessary to demolish the old east-facing concrete-block building. The answer is: 1), it was structurally unsound, and 2) it had become a bit of an eyesore.

In keeping the west-facing part of the structure, we hoped to retain a bit of the history of the original structure while creating a new, modern façade facing the Square. There is an old saying: “You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.”  However, that is exactly the challenge IGII thrives upon, meaning we take great pride in our ability to improve existing business and to create new business opportunities.....
If you're thinking of something else, great, but that's not what @Psychlone11 meant. Must have accidentally typed Polk instead of Prairie.

stinkbaitcatfish

Aug 13, 2018
Huntington Beach , CA
If you're thinking of something else, great, but that's not what @Psychlone11 meant. Must have accidentally typed Polk instead of Prairie.
...... was not outraged and questioning anybody.....lol.... nothing like a little bit of deep fat fried pork to make me happy...
:D....... and oh boy.... there is nothing like all of the memories at the old Broken Arrow...
.... nothing like the welcome site of sawdust and old oak barrels after a hard day of pheasant hunting.... and cold brewskis..... thank you for jogging what is left of my long term memory...
:oops:

Last edited:

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Been a long time ago but there was a small cafe in Peyton, Iowa (known as Peyton Place I think) that served the most amazing hand breaded tenderloins for lunch. When I was on the survey crew that was a must-stop if you were in the area but you had to be there early because it was guaranteed they'll run out quickly.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Yes, I know it's only April, but the Iowa Pork Producers Association is now soliciting entries for its 2019 Best Breaded Pork Tenderloin contest. You can nominate restaurants until June 6, but I'd advise not waiting. Too easy to forget to do it.
This year they have a specific page on the website with a prepopulated list of restaurants. However, if you don't see the one you want to submit, simply choose "Add New Restaurant" from the dropdown list and type it in. You can enter one of two ways ONLY: through this online form or mailing in your nomination.

The info page with form is here https://www.iowapork.org/tenderloin-form/

If you need a dining partner to try out some places, let me know. Good luck to your favorite!

I have 3 past winners within 30 miles. Elk Horn, Dunlap and Hamlin. I'm set for life!! (my homemade are best)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron