HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Without looking I’m guessing MSU had 3-5 more trips to the line, mostly during their comeback

I saw at one point free throws were something like 7 to 18 in MSU's favor. Michigan State's offense was mostly free throws until that late run they had to get within 1 before tech curb stomped them at the end.

Texas Tech, blue blood that they are, getting all the calls against Michigan State who nobody has ever heard of and the media never worships.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
They will just justify it otherwise. Proud of Tech though. Have liked Beard ever since the Little Rock game. Dude is obviously going places. Great to see the Big 12 finally representing with someone other than Boo U.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Still makes me mad. Big xii teams were vastly underseeded and it results from the depth of the league and round Robin schedule. According obviously got 3 one seeds and they were good teams but our best teams got 3,4,4 and 5 seed.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
The CR Gazette continues their ridiculous Hawkeye coverage--plastering every print edition front page with filler and nonsensical Hawk stories

They're downplaying Texas Tech mbb (99.99 of Iowa fans can't name Tech's coach). Yet Beard is 10x the coach that Fran is.

Congrats to Megan G of Iowa--amazing career, yet we see Bridget Carlton's exploits in the fine print of that rag Gazette. Iowa loses Gustafson, Stewart, and Davis. ~ Bluder, enjoy the WNIT next year.

The Gazette and the local TV sports always trying to make Hawkeye baseball 'happen'...Iowa nothing more than a mediocre midwest team in an awful baseball conference. ISU's club team and many good NAIA teams could compete with them. U of Iowa lost to Mt Mercy a few years ago and that game was expunged from their record book for some reason. LOL....Never happened!!

~ Just happy ex-writer Scott Dochterman not around to write his weekly love-fest Bromance profile articles of Jared Uthoff-- something I endured year-round for 4 years

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: ATCy and benjimill

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Big 12 mbb # 1 in:
KenPom
Sagarin
Net ranking

Texas Tech---a west Texas outpost in the hinterlands with a 1/3 of the athletic budget of the U of Iowa, recruits better players now and has a far superior mbb coach (99.99% of Hawk fans and Hawk media couldn't place by name prior to the tourney)

Iowa's last outright mbb conference title? 1970. FORTY-NINE FREAKING YEARS
(and the drought w/no end in sight)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Big 12 mbb # 1 in:
KenPom
Sagarin
Net ranking

Texas Tech---a west Texas outpost in the hinterlands with a 1/3 of the athletic budget of the U of Iowa, recruits better players now and has a far superior mbb coach (99.99% of Hawk fans and Hawk media couldn't place by name prior to the tourney)

Iowa's last outright mbb conference title? 1970. FORTY-NINE FREAKING YEARS
(and the drought w/no end in sight)

Guess on the response to this...something regarding Rutgers doing something and Illinois beating Michigan State and that kind of thing never happens except in the B1G.

Maybe something about the NIT and ISU playing bad vs. OSU.