Hoiberg to Huskers

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
FWIW, my source says Hoiberg to NU is a done deal.

Gooooooooooooooooooo biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg FFFFFFFrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeedddddddddddd

(Did I do this right?)

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Yes. Exactly. He does that, he's a legend in Lincoln. Another option would be to go to washed up UCLA. Where he'll be run out for not going to a final 4 in his first 3 years.

UCLA would be in line with his choice to go to the Bulls. High profile, big money, and destined to fail.

• Agree
Reactions: WastedTalent

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
I have bitten my tongue on this whole situation, but my hatred for husker fans will rule out. I absolutely hate this. I know Fred is going to coach elsewhere, but so close to home really hurts. He doesn’t owe Iowa State anything, but from a fan perspective this is a slap in the face. Most wont agree but screw him. Prohm wants to be here so I hope he’s here for 20+ years. New mayor.

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
totally agree with clone8232. I started multiple threads supporting Fred when he was here. He begged Jamie for the ISU job 2 times. The hire was panned by everyone. Everyone. Since then tons of schools have dug up old players to run their programs with limited success. A move to Lincoln is a slap. His repeated trips back to Ames after leaving have been embarrassing. What was the teams record after he gave that famous pep talk that undermined Coach Prohm. Fred is still using the University that bent over backwards to give him his start. I hope he is finally using a different School to leverage for something better. The move that infuriated me was his triumphant return after taking the Bulls job. What a turdshow that was. Lol dreamjob is what he always said. Then he ran down a list of about 6 other teams he applied for and tried to get into bed with including the University of Minnesota. The gophers really, that stung. What a nightmare he must have been behind the scenes. I would love to hear what Pollard truly feels about Fred. Remember the Maui tournament. He wanted the university to book an entire extra night at a ridiculous price because he didnt want to check out of the room early with a flight leaving at 4 or so. He felt it was a super amateur and cheapskate thing to do. He could have booked his own room or stayed an extra day or so if it was that big of a deal. Childish. That was the first sign looking back.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
UCLA would be in line with his choice to go to the Bulls. High profile, big money, and destined to fail.

And will get a call if 7 other coaches turn them down. So, it is possible, it’s a blue blood job, but there is a lot of baggage that comes with it.

Think of the victory laps the polishers would take here if he got that.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Aren't they just waiting for Jack (@ MSU) to be done in the tourney so Fred can manage to watch his kid's team play?

Keeping your name in the media and everyone tweeting/talking about it is exactly what media savvy people do. Credit to both he and Nebby for managing that at least.

I won't support Fred in Lincoln because I'm loyal to Iowa State, not the University of Fred. I'm able to distinguish the difference between institutions and the people who once represented them.

Celebrate his accomplishments while a Cyclone, but remember he was part of a TEAM!

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
rsz_img_1834.jpg

wow just got this sent to me from fred

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I've always wondered why Nebby has waited so long to get a high profile coach...

Money - check
Fans - check
Facilities - check

The only thing I can think of is that they were waiting until they started to get a full BiG payout...which started during the Miles contract. Look at what the SEC has accomplished once they started throwing $'s at decent coaches.

Is Lincoln a tougher place to recruit...yep, but get a high profile coach and the recruits will give you a longer look.

Maybe a better question is will Hoiball work in the BIG against teams like Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue, etc.? I think Iowa says you can be moderately successful with a strong offense and mediocre defense. Will be interesting...

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Fred is trying to eliminate the big NBA buyout clause the big Nebby donors are demanding.

Smart. The NBA teams can afford whatever. Might as well get paid when he jumps back to the league in a few years. We should have done the same.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron