Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Florence Pugh has just been cast in the Black Widow movie:

Pugh will play a spy on the same level as Romanoff, likely her moral opposite.
Pugh recently starred in the Stephen Merchant-directed and Dwayne Johnson-produced film "Fighting with my Family."

Apparently, she beat out Saorise Ronan for this role:

I'm super happy with this, especially when I consider both who she was competing with as well as how good she looks in the "Fighting with my Family" trailers. Apparently, the "Fighting with my Family" movie itself is really good too. When I say who she was competing with, I remember at one time Emma Watson being considered, Camila Mendes from Riverdale was considered, and then apparently according to this, so was Saorise Ronan. I could maybe see Camila Mendes being pretty decent, but Emma Watson or Saorise Ronan????? Hard pass. Great actresses, but not great fits for the role in my mind. So, in the end, its good to hear they got their girl they wanted all along.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm super happy with this, especially when I consider both who she was competing with as well as how good she looks in the "Fighting with my Family" trailers. Apparently, the "Fighting with my Family" movie itself is really good too. When I say who she was competing with, I remember at one time Emma Watson being considered, Camila Mendes from Riverdale was considered, and then apparently according to this, so was Saorise Ronan. I could maybe see Camila Mendes being pretty decent, but Emma Watson or Saorise Ronan????? Hard pass. So, in the end, its good to hear they got their girl they wanted all along.

She was pretty good in Hanna

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Boom-shaka-lacka!!!!!!

Now, this please:

9co5kz2ld8n11.jpg

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
At 12:02 a.m. Eastern Time tomorrow, March 20, 2019, The Walt Disney Company’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox will become effective. With 21st Century Fox’s iconic collection of businesses and franchises, Disney will be able to provide more appealing high-quality content and entertainment options to meet growing consumer demand; increase its international footprint; and expand its direct-to-consumer offerings, which include ESPN+ for sports fans, the highly-anticipated Disney+ streaming video-on-demand service launching in late 2019; and Disney and 21st Century Fox’s combined ownership stake in Hulu.

"This is an extraordinary and historic moment for us—one that will create significant long-term value for our company and our shareholders," said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. "Combining Disney’s and 21st Century Fox’s wealth of creative content and proven talent creates the preeminent global entertainment company, well positioned to lead in an incredibly dynamic and transformative era."

The acquisition includes 21st Century Fox’s renowned film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Family and Fox Animation; Fox’s television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21; FX Networks; National Geographic Partners; Fox Networks Group International; Star India; and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Tata Sky and Endemol Shine Group. Disney and 21st Century Fox entered into a consent decree with the U.S. Department of Justice last year under which Disney will divest 21st Century Fox’s Regional Sports Networks.

Earlier today, 21st Century Fox completed the spin-off of a portfolio of 21st Century Fox’s news, sports and broadcast businesses, including the FOX News Channel, FOX Business Network, FOX Broadcasting Company, FOX Sports, FOX Television Stations Group, and sports cable networks FS1, FS2, Fox Deportes and Big Ten Network, and certain other assets and liabilities, into Fox Corporation.

• Winner
Reactions: helechopper

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...to-bring-sam-raimi-back-to-spider-man-a167293

Interesting interview with Avi Arad, who used to work with Marvel Studios and now works with Sony on a lot of their Marvel stuff. It is interesting for sure to see his take on what he is saying. It definitely doesn't sound like he is the biggest lover of Kevin Feige, so that has to make for some interested play with how he deals with Sony's current deal with Marvel Studios for Spider-Man. To me, I've got mixed feelings on Avi Arad. While he has done some good stuff in the past with Spider-Man, he has also been a part of some really bad stuff too. In fact, he was a fairly integral part of some of the worst Marvel and Spider-Man stuff we've seen in the past. There has also been multiple other interviews with him where I've walked away thinking, this dude just doesn't get it. Same thing goes for Amy Pascal. So, to me, Avi Arad is kind of in that group with Amy Pascal where I don't think I trust them further than I can throw them. So, I still come into any movie produced by them knowing it may be good, or it may be really bad.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...to-bring-sam-raimi-back-to-spider-man-a167293

Interesting interview with Avi Arad, who used to work with Marvel Studios and now works with Sony on a lot of their Marvel stuff. It is interesting for sure to see his take on what he is saying. It definitely doesn't sound like he is the biggest lover of Kevin Feige, so that has to make for some interested play with how he deals with Sony's current deal with Marvel Studios for Spider-Man. To me, I've got mixed feelings on Avi Arad. While he has done some good stuff in the past with Spider-Man, he has also been a part of some really bad stuff too. In fact, he was a fairly integral part of some of the worst Marvel and Spider-Man stuff we've seen in the past. There has also been multiple other interviews with him where I've walked away thinking, this dude just doesn't get it. Same thing goes for Amy Pascal. So, to me, Avi Arad is kind of in that group with Amy Pascal where I don't think I trust them further than I can throw them. So, I still come into any movie produced by them knowing it may be good, or it may be really bad.

I guess I didn't realize Arad was a big part of Marvel Studios. I will always remember his name scrolling across the opening credits of the animated Spider-Man and X-Men series I watched as a kid in the 90s. Those series were my first introduction to these superheroes, rather than reading comic books and the nostalgia associated with those series is what keeps me coming back to the MCU/Spider-Man/X-Men films.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I guess I didn't realize Arad was a big part of Marvel Studios. I will always remember his name scrolling across the opening credits of the animated Spider-Man and X-Men series I watched as a kid in the 90s. Those series were my first introduction to these superheroes, rather than reading comic books and the nostalgia associated with those series is what keeps me coming back to the MCU/Spider-Man/X-Men films.

Yeah, I didn't realize he was even part of Marvel Studios too. I just remember how involved he was with the original Raimi Spider-Man series, and how integral a part he was in forcing a ton of everything that was wrong with Spider-Man 3 onto Raimi. Shoot, I even thought he was involved a ton with the Garfield Amazing Spider-Man movies, but I may be wrong.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Quick follow up - my 6 year old who has no idea who the skrulls are, was really confused by Captain Marvel punching the old lady on the train. I heard him nervously and quickly ask my wife, "IS THAT A REAL GRANDMA!??" during the scene. So prep your little kids for that one.
Yeah, I knew that scene was coming from the trailers so I whispered when she was walking through the train that she was looking for the skrull who was hiding as a nice old lady lol. Soften the blow.

Reactions: Triggermv

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Avengers-Endgame-New-Posters-326-625x352.jpg

Marvel's new release of Endgame posters feature sixteen living characters, sixteen dusted ones, and what I think has to be a significant positioning of the header. What do you think they are telling us, or are they jerking us around for fun?

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

Marvel's new release of Endgame posters feature sixteen living characters, sixteen dusted ones, and what I think has to be a significant positioning of the header. What do you think they are telling us, or are they jerking us around for fun?
Go for the head next time. Wonder why Happy gets a poster. When's the last time we saw him, IM3? Wait no, Spiderman.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

I am ticked about two of those posters, which you didn’t share (thank you):

1. Shuri is DEAD?? Boo!

2. Confirmation that Valkyrie is in Endgame

Both of those reveals should have been saved for the movie

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Looking at the endgame posters, it would have been nice if they left some characters out, and maybe released the posters later to save the surprise. With that being said, I would like to know where Valkerie was. I thought at the end of Thor Rangnork, that she was on the ship with Thor before Thanos attacked.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Are there Marvel heroes whose press come directly from each of the Infinity Stones?

I don't know the answer, but I'm wondering if the introduction of Captain Marvel would allow for them to use a virtual Hero Gauntlet of characters to defeat Thanos.

God that sounds sort of dumb but I'm just gonna send it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron