Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
I've been wanting a dog SO BAD but I know it doesn't make sense for me to have one right now. Dogs are expensive and that doesn't go well with my whole broke college kid situation. Plus my current landlord doesn't allow pets and during the summer I have family that is gracious enough to let me stay with them and I would feel bad asking if I could bring a puppy with me. I'm living in a cabin by myself for the next school year so that might be the perfect opportunity to get one.

Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've been wanting a dog SO BAD but I know it doesn't make sense for me to have one right now. Dogs are expensive and that doesn't go well with my whole broke college kid situation. Plus my current landlord doesn't allow pets and during the summer I have family that is gracious enough to let me stay with them and I would feel bad asking if I could bring a puppy with me. I'm living in a cabin by myself for the next school year so that might be the perfect opportunity to get one.
Remember that dogs need people - a LOT. Most don't handle being alone for long stretches of time.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Remember that dogs need people - a LOT. Most don't handle being alone for long stretches of time.
That's another one of my dilemmas. For the foreseeable future, I'll either be in class or working a 45+ hour/week job and I couldn't in good conscience leave a dog at home for that long every day. Do you think I could convince a girl to be a stay at home mom for my dog?

• Optimistic
Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
That's another one of my dilemmas. For the foreseeable future, I'll either be in class or working a 45+ hour/week job and I couldn't in good conscience leave a dog at home for that long every day. Do you think I could convince a girl to be a stay at home mom for my dog?
Worth a shot. ;)

Reactions: RunninMan

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Jiminy Christmas!!!!! WHO is running ANOTHER story on Wieskamp's buzzer beater. Dudes...the kid got freakin' lucky. It does NOT make him a Basketball Jones...

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
You're gonna love the Lab. Best friend you'll ever have. I used to say my Lab, Sterling, was always happy to see me when I came home - which I couldn't always say about the rest of the residents there. ;)

I certainly hope so, Sadie is great at always being happy to see me.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Fun fact that @cowgirl836 will learn since she has a boy - they don't aim! After I gave mine some comet and some old toothbrushes to clean around and behind the toilet a few times, they got better about aiming...
And Rev, giving them gloves never crossed my mind! :oops:

We aim, just the first few seconds its a toss up where its going, then you compensate. Kinda like the first communication with the gf in the morning....

• Funny
Reactions: oldman and wxman1

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

The gf was essentially with Sadie for the first 5 months or so. You can have her...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We aim, just the first few seconds its a toss up where its going, then you compensate. Kinda like the first communication with the gf in the morning....
Oh, they aim now too. But I'll bet if you asked your mother she would sing a different song about the days when you could barely flop it over the side of the bowl!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Remember, a dog is like a child that never moves out. Next year it might be cool to have one but what about 5 years from now?

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

My oldest is a little too young for you, but were she older I’m sure it would take no convincing at all. ;) She has been obsessed with digs since age 4. She may or may not end up a vet (also been a love since age 4), but she will do something with dogs as a job in life. I keep showing her things like dog physical therapist or things like that.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

I love dogs....I have had dogs for most of my life, and they really never cease to amaze me that this creature is on earth for us.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
oof, what a day. My mom was supposed to come up so I could restock freezer meals and give her time with little man since daycare is closed. Well I woke up still feeling icky because little man's idea of sleep was one 3 hour stretch.....from 7-10, and then trying to get him down resulting in a midnight bedtime and then he was up like every 45 minutes except for 3-5 and then 5-7:30. And I took all the wakeups because I was staying home and DH had to work. Then my mom texts that she too is sick so no visit. DH is leaving for work and I ask that he not be late getting home because I still felt pretty bad but thought I could get through the day.

Baby and I took a late morning nap and I woke up feeling just awful. Sinus pain, super weak, awful stomach.......I was scared to even pick up the baby because I was so unsteady. Probably because I haven't really had food since Friday lunch. 7-up and applesauce diet. I kept trying to truck through but finally called DH at about 1 asking him to come home. He did, and then I tried to sleep from 2-6. Now trying to eat a bit of food and off to bed. DH is trying to convince me not to go to work tomorrow but I've got a couple important meetings so we'll see. Ugh, that was miserable today. Just awful. Baby crying because he wanted some food and mommy crying because she could barely even go get a bottle. It's awful feeling like you can't even care for your child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron