Hilton parking for wed night.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I heard somewhere that Jamie Pollard said they may do something different for parking and/or letting people in to hilton on Wednesday. Has anyone seen or heard what this is?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I heard somewhere that Jamie Pollard said they may do something different for parking and/or letting people in to hilton on Wednesday. Has anyone seen or heard what this is?

https://cyclones.com/news/2019/1/28/mens-basketball-parking-alterations-for-hoops-this-week.aspx

With bitter weather conditions expected in the region this week, the Iowa State Athletics Department is making some parking adjustments for two basketball games.

The women's basketball team plays host to Texas Tech Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. and the men's team faces West Virginia Wednesday at 6 p.m.

Fans with parking passes for Lots C1 and C2 – adjacent to Hilton Coliseum – should park as normal. Patrons in those lots have assigned stalls. The ADA parking lots (B2 and B3) will also operate as normal.

All other parking lots around the Iowa State Center (south of Center Drive) will be available to any fan attending the games.

Iowa State event staff will do its best to get people into Hilton as quickly as possible on game night and fans are urged to exhibit patience as they attend the games.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Hilton parking for WED night:

article-0-0D3010A1000005DC-901_468x286.jpg

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
So it's basically a free for all. Probably the best way to do it. Looking at the secondary ticket prices there are going to be a lot of empty seats. I feel bad for the parking attendants if they have them.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'd think about moving to Thursday when it's back to normal suck.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'd think about moving to Thursday when it's back to normal suck.
If the teams and the officials can make it they are just fine with Wednesday. Concessions will take a hit but the tickets are already sold so it's not a huge monetary loss. Not sure if we are going or not. I'm ready to die but not this way.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So it's basically a free for all. Probably the best way to do it. Looking at the secondary ticket prices there are going to be a lot of empty seats. I feel bad for the parking attendants if they have them.

I think that having only a few parking attendants is part of the plan.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I posted this somewhere else, and some dude got butthurt about it... but with the insane windchill temperatures it'll be between 5-15 minutes of skin exposure for frostbite.

If you're going, cover up all your skin and walk fast.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
and, there will likely be a Big12 fine for storming the Hilton...
This an awesome idea. Court storm regardless.

I also think there should be a seriously concerted effort to boo Kurtis Gertz or whoever does the 4th-quarter weather update.

edited ... someone get creative with signs about:
getting fined
causing Holgo to bolt
WVU triggered by storming

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This an awesome idea. Court storm regardless.

I also think there should be a seriously concerted effort to boo Kurtis Gertz or whoever does the 4th-quarter weather update.

The reporter should welcome it by starting the forecast with an invitation to boo the weather.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron