To all the Prohm Haters...

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
And you know who you are...

Coach Fred Hoiberg, for as much of a legend as he deservedly is, will NEVER coach at Iowa State again, and the sooner you dumba$$es can get that through your thick skulls the better.

Steve Prohm is our coach. He may not have played basketball at Iowa State or be the hometown hero, but he is our coach. And he is a very good coach. Is he perfect or beyond reproach or above criticism? Of course not.

But he is our coach, and if you cannot support him or the program as long as he coaches, and if you hate him so much that you never post on here after big victories like tonight or against Kansas but take the time to scream for his head after a loss like against KSU, guess what? You are NOT a Cyclone fan and whatever ISU apparel you might own needs to be donated to kids in Africa. Time to be a fan of Iowa State, not a fan of one man.

Rant over. Had to get it off my chest.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012

Coach Fred Hoiberg, for as much of a legend as he deservedly is, will NEVER coach at Iowa State again, and the sooner you dumba$$es can get that through your thick skulls the better.

Steve Prohm is our coach. He may not have played basketball at Iowa State or be the hometown hero, but he is our coach. And he is a very good coach. Is he perfect or beyond reproach or above criticism? Of course not.

But he is our coach, and if you cannot support him or the program as long as he coaches, and if you hate him so much that you never post on here after big victories like tonight or against Kansas but take the time to scream for his head after a loss like against KSU, guess what? You are NOT a Cyclone fan and whatever ISU apparel you might own needs to be donated to kids in Africa. Time to be a fan of Iowa State, not a fan of one man.

jeez Focker, it's only a game.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
If you aren't on the Prohm train:

6y4P.gif

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Love the name calling and the fact folks can't disagree with someone else, whether it be fan, player or coach.
1. I hope most are past Hoiberg. Hope most are judging Prohm based on just his time here and only that.
2. Nobody wants to see Iowa State fail, but to imply disagreeing with the coach makes you less of a fan is ridiculous. He has a horrible record in close games and this team almost did it again with turnovers. Glad that wasn't the case, but his name in close games does not get cleared after one game.Please correct me since I couldn't watch the game, but Heft was freaking out before NWB made the jumper because they were once again standing around and not running any offense. A coach must put guys in a position to succeed.
3. If he isn't above criticism, you can't criticize others for criticizing Prohm, especially when the majority feels like Iowa State let's a game or two slip away. That would make you a hypocrite.
4.You seem to imply you have a wealth of Iowa State apparel. Why don't you donate $$$ to Africa and cut down on the amount of things you own? Materialism is over rated.

Calm response over.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
The haters won't crawl out from under thier rock until the next loss.

Not a single one has the balls to own up to the meth-addled "expertise" they have provided over the past few days.

Last edited:

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Why do we continue to do this to ourselves after every game?

Win - Prohm is great
Lose - Prohm sucks

Gets tiring

I don't do that.

Like I wrote above, CSP is not infallible. But I do think his big wins definitely outweigh the head scratcher losses so far, and I'm sick of people who continue to cry, whine and pine for Fred to come back never give him an ounce of credit for anything because "He's not Fred!"

To me, that's what gets old.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

Standing on a soapbox and yelling/cursing/insulting strangers in response to what you perceive to be their overreactions.... is just so 2018. Get over it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron