A way to fix poor officiating

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
Maybe each conference can put some TV money towards a centralized replay organization that reviews each play like the NFL does.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Last night's crew needs to retire, or something. Not only a lot of questionable calls, but they looked lost on the field. On guy would throw a flag, and then they would huddle together for 5 minutes to discuss it. Had no clue on what to review and were determined to agree with the call on the field no matter what happens.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
In all seriousness, I think not only should the head Referee be made available after the game to answer questions from the media, but their mics should always be live and made audible for the TV audience to hear what is being discussed, both when they huddle up and talk and also during reviews.

There should also be a neutral panel that reviews each game and if there are X amount of incorrect/missed calls, then that ref crew is suspended the next week. Get suspended more than twice each season? Lose your ref status and sit out the rest of the year and head your butt back to ref school before you can get back on the field.

Its really the only way to hold them accountable and keep them as honest as possible.

Yes, I’ve put too much thought into this.
I can dream, right?

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Convert to the metric system. Field is 100 meters, 10 meters to get a FD. Field would stay same width to ease conversion in some stadiums.

(Just throwing this out there with all the other wild ideas)

• Creative
Reactions: 2020cy