Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It’s the exact same “offense” that everyone on this board was making fun of Iowa for over the last several weeks, and it was the only thing keeping Iowa State in the game in the second half. What was that about self-awareness?
I obviously didn’t mean literally every single person on this website, moron. My apologies; next time I will use the phrase “a lot of people” as opposed to “everyone” if you are going to be so anal about it.

I’m so hurt you called me an anal moron.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
ISU went to the FT line more than Iowa did but only shot 62% from the line. That didn't help.

Looks like the crowd was about 2000 short of a sellout

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
The sooner you can just admit Iowa is clearly the better team, the sooner you can just move on from this game and enjoy the rest of the season.

That's not how it works buddy, but you probably know that, right?

What did you think of Weiler-Babb's block on FranCon Junior sending his layup attempt into the 2nd row? Was that really a foul in your mind? Seriously now.

I'm not saying the refs cost ISU the game, but just when ISU got the 20 pt lead down to 8, about 3 just horrible calls came against ISU and the lead shot back up to 14.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The sooner you can just admit Iowa is clearly the better team, the sooner you can just move on from this game and enjoy the rest of the season.

Let me know when Moss scores 20 again and how Cook has done vs. Young.

Iowa played with their hair on fire. They get credit. ISU played their worst game of the season by far. They deserved the loss.

Funny thing ISU was awful on offense and still got to 84.

Reactions: kingcy

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Little Fran also likes to start stuff, and then get out of the way....real tough guy. His lone basketball skill is shooting free throws really well.
Nice skill to have....he also knows how to get to the line at the end of games.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I do agree that Iowa is better than the ISU team on the floor last night. We were short a big body to guard Cook and we needed a scorer. Thankfully both of those are coming at the end of the month.

Should be a fun conference season for both teams.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I can tell how much this win meant to iowa fans by all the gloating that's taking place on social media. I am disappointed that after the game they can even use prohms name in the same sentence as frans when it comes to behavior.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I really hope that crew does next years game as it will be.....chippy. Thought overall they did a good job....didn't let things get out of control.

I wouldn't expect it to be chippy again. The ISU guys getting into it were the newcomers and I don't see Prohm letting that kind of stuff continue. Shayok will be gone and Jacobsen will have a year to mature.

Hopefully the loose cannon Pemsl has the same maturation.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
we just got our butt handed to us by a mid-major team with a bunch of white players who can't play D......
.......did I have the right talking points Fanatics?

• Dislike
Reactions: DurangoCy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Holy crap!!! You ARE playing the ref card.

There are bad calls every game. If you go on the road and shoot more free throws than the home team....you really shouldn’t complain. Thought they did a good job and hope they ref next years game

The game as a whole was not officiated badly and was not the reason they lost. However, there were 3 very, very poor calls that went against Iowa State at extremely inopportune times. That you can't deny.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfamily

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
A run that was fueled in part by some garbage calls going Iowa State’s way. Your last statement is correct, though.

I don't really want to get into an argument about officiating in a game we gave up 98 points, but I'd encourage you to name one call during that run that went against Iowa that was remotely a close call? Are you talking about Horton getting slapped on the arm on the and-1?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron