Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
I'm surprised you're opposed to players creating contact. Iowa players haven't done that a **** ton this year. Iowa fans lack self awareness.

It’s the exact same “offense” that everyone on this board was making fun of Iowa for over the last several weeks, and it was the only thing keeping Iowa State in the game in the second half. What was that about self-awareness?

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Can’t hit the broadside of a barn against Wisconsin & Mich State, but can’t miss vs us of course. Not a bad loss, just irritating to lose to a program where this is the only game their fans care about. Had an opportunity to bury their program & blew it.

MSU/WIsconsin are much better defensively and can rebound. Neither Iowa or ISU is in the same stratosphere as MSU though. Breslin is a tough place to play

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It’s the exact same “offense” that everyone on this board was making fun of Iowa for over the last several weeks, and it was the only thing keeping Iowa State in the game in the second half. What was that about self-awareness?

You're the one complaining about it! No way you're this stupid.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
ISU went to the line more than the hawks so the ref card really can’t be played tonight.

That's not how it works buddy, but you probably know that, right?

What did you think of Weiler-Babb's block on FranCon Junior sending his layup attempt into the 2nd row? Was that really a foul in your mind? Seriously now.

I'm not saying the refs cost ISU the game, but just when ISU got the 20 pt lead down to 8, about 3 just horrible calls came against ISU and the lead shot back up to 14.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
MSU/WIsconsin are much better defensively and can rebound. Neither Iowa or ISU is in the same stratosphere as MSU though. Breslin is a tough place to play

I think ISU can be on the same level as MSU by the end of the year. Iowa has no chance. Iowa will not get better as the year goes on like ISU will. That's proven out over the last few years. Fran's teams peak in December.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
You're the one complaining about it! No way you're this stupid.

I brought it up in response to a poster who said Iowa’s offense down the stretch was Cook and McCaffery driving into the lane and drawing fouls. The original point of my post was to point out how stupid of a comment that was, considering that was Iowa State’s entire offense in the second half. Learn how to read; there’s no way you can be this stupid.

• Creative
Reactions: CY88CE11

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Little Fran also likes to start stuff, and then get out of the way....real tough guy. His lone basketball skill is shooting free throws really well.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
That's not how it works buddy, but you probably know that, right?

What did you think of Weiler-Babb's block on FranCon Junior sending his layup attempt into the 2nd row? Was that really a foul in your mind? Seriously now.

I'm not saying the refs cost ISU the game, but just when ISU got the 20 pt lead down to 8, about 3 just horrible calls came against ISU and the lead shot back up to 14.
Holy crap!!! You ARE playing the ref card.

There are bad calls every game. If you go on the road and shoot more free throws than the home team....you really shouldn’t complain. Thought they did a good job and hope they ref next years game

• Funny
Reactions: Rural and clonedude

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I brought it up in response to a poster who said Iowa’s offense down the stretch was Cook and McCaffery driving into the lane and drawing fouls. The original point of my post was to point out how stupid of a comment that was, considering that was Iowa State’s entire offense in the second half. Learn how to read; there’s no way you can be this stupid.

But one side did get called for charges. While one side just went to the free throw line. So what are you complaining about again?

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
They had a real hard time with block/charge calls tonight, zero consistency.

They always do; that’s nothing new. College officials have shown a consistent inability to get them correct, because it’s a difficult call to make. That’s why the best solution is to get rid of the secondary charge completely.

• Disagree
Reactions: CY88CE11

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This thread title is still accurate. This is equivalent to us going on the road to Cedar Falls and dropping an early game to UNI. There definitely is no doubt though that this young talented Iowa State team has a higher ceiling with far more legit D1 players.