Maui, Early Dinner and Tommy Bahama

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
We got to Maui late yesterday afternoon so enjoyed our first full day on the Island. It is 6:30 PM and the family is exhausted. We are dinner at like 4:15 PM so I feel like I had an Iowa Senior citizen early dinner but the price did not reflect that. So far I have seen a number of ISU stuff and fans and a few Gonzaga folks. I think we will represent well on the island.

The Tommy Bahama store is smart they brought in Cyclone, Arizona, SDSU, Auburn, Xavier and Gonzaga shirts to sell ahead of the tournament I told the guy in the store the ISU stuff will be gone by next week.

Beautiful Island, 85 degrees and very humid. Also it is weird to put the TV on at 2:30 in the afternoon and see Wednesday Night MAC football .

Mahalo and Go Cyclones

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Kaanapali beach was a lot of fun when I was there in July, and it’s a great place for snorkeling. Enjoy and Go Cyclones!

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Was there a little over a month ago. Beautiful island. The beaches aren't super beautiful, but good and relaxing enough. Drive the road to Hana but start early. Take motion sickness medicine and take it easy. Don't forget to go to Upcountry either and tune into some local Hawaiian radio. The pies at Leodas in Lahaina are great. Front Street in Lahaina is also touristy but still worth it for a few hours. When we went snorkeling at Kapalua, there were some big turtles right near the beach...just beware of all the sea urchin there.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyclone83

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
We got to Maui late yesterday afternoon so enjoyed our first full day on the Island. It is 6:30 PM and the family is exhausted. We are dinner at like 4:15 PM so I feel like I had an Iowa Senior citizen early dinner but the price did not reflect that. So far I have seen a number of ISU stuff and fans and a few Gonzaga folks. I think we will represent well on the island.

The Tommy Bahama store is smart they brought in Cyclone, Arizona, SDSU, Auburn, Xavier and Gonzaga shirts to sell ahead of the tournament I told the guy in the store the ISU stuff will be gone by next week.

Beautiful Island, 85 degrees and very humid. Also it is weird to put the TV on at 2:30 in the afternoon and see Wednesday Night MAC football .

Mahalo and Go Cyclones

Picture of the Tommy Bahama shirt please?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Mahalo and Go Cyclones

If you’re in or around Kahului, go to Da Kitchen and get some kalua pig. Ono grinds.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
How's the restaurants at the Marriott Wailea? I'm at the Andaz not too far from there. Trying to explore this section of the island

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
How's the restaurants at the Marriott Wailea? I'm at the Andaz not too far from there. Trying to explore this section of the island

Roy Yamaguchi Humble Kitchenat the hotel, supposed to be fantastic but very expensive. Just ate at a little Italian place called Fabian's near the Mo keypad restaurant up from the Shops of Wailea. Very good and reasonable priced for Maui.