Why is Kinnick Stadium considered historic?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
3 top 5 home wins, 1 top 5 road win in the last 8 years
Sorry got that mixed. Fb is very close to that. Crazy that Iowa only is 1 better and Iowa State went through such a brutal stretch. Not even sure Iowa has notched a top 5 road win or not in that span.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
It is hard keeping @CyTwins trolls straight, I thought he was talking BB, but who knows with him.
Actually he was right. I’m the one that mixed it up. But one thing to consider when comparing the two based on % of schedule,
1. A much bigger portion of schedule is taken up by non conference opponents. Very rare to play top 10 teams at home in non conf for anyone other than low to mid majors. (Won’t deny schedules in basketball are more watered down compared to football)
2. 353 d1 team in basketball so the window for being top 10 is a lot smaller.

Really it’s apples to oranges when comparing the 2. Pretty sure Duke and Kansas don’t even have 10+ top 5 home wins in that span.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
8 years = 56 (roughly) home games for football. Iowa has 4 wins over top 5 teams.

8 years in basketball = 144 (roughly) home games for basketball. So you are saying that ISU has 10 wins over top 5 teams in that time at home, because that is what it would take as you play roughly 2.5 times more BB games.

As hawkeye fans have said, they don't consider it a win against a top five team unless that team is ranked top five at the end of the season. Those 4 teams were all top five in the final ranking?

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Are we talking what they were ranked when they played them or what they ended up? Either way it was way too high. Ohio State was extremely overrated last year.
So were the teams you beat. Derp

• Disagree
Reactions: 1976

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Too seriously.

And I called a mod triggered to get the permanent ban which was absolutely true.

Well that isn't exactly what happened, and you know that. I'm guessing your above quoted statement will already have you on thin ice...

purplereign

Aug 29, 2018
I'm triggered that you've had multiple usernames you're afraid to admit to?

Hahhaha

You’re triggered that you have no other rebuttal besides “but Iowa” when someone in this forum takes a shot at the Clones.

Just own it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You’re triggered that you have no other rebuttal besides “but Iowa” when someone in this forum takes a shot at the Clones.

Just own it.
Hahahhaha. Don't even refute that's how many names you've had? Pathetic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron