Talen Horton-Tucker next year

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
I think we will. People said we would never have another Fizer, Another Brackins, another Hoiberg. These guys come and go and we love them. What made Georges so special is he is a tweener in the NBA so he basically had to stay all four years. That is what we hope to get with all of our players.

Disagree. If we are constantly getting recruits that are staying all four years despite being extremely productive college players then I think to a certain extent there's a systemic development problem within the program.

Having guys leave early to go the NBA might hurt the program in the short term as far as losing out on immediate talent, but that means the coaching staff is doing right by the kid and getting them ready to make that jump.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Disagree. If we are constantly getting recruits that are staying all four years despite being extremely productive college players then I think to a certain extent there's a systemic development problem within the program.

Having guys leave early to go the NBA might hurt the program in the short term as far as losing out on immediate talent, but that means the coaching staff is doing right by the kid and getting them ready to make that jump.
I think getting guys like what we've been getting is perfect. Guys like Nader, Niang, and Morris who get drafted after 4 years. Supplemented with guys like Lindell and THT who have the ability to leave after 2 or 3 years as well as guys like Matt Thomas and Naz who have really good college careers, maybe see a little NBA time or absolutely kill it in Europe. I think that's the recipe for success for programs like ours.

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Hopefully he and DJ Carton become best buds.

band.gif

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully he and DJ Carton become best buds.

Pat McCaffery will also be on the team and he and Carton are already familiar with each other. Still, doesn't hurt him getting familiar with a player who's already on a team recruiting him.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Wow, that is one hell of a life he’s had so far. A lot of tragedy, a lot of hard work, and sounds like he was raised and mentored by a lot of strong and focused people.

I liked how Talen ends the video with “I want to be in the NBA in 5 years (brief pause) I want to be in the NBA in 2 years.” I’m cool with either - go out there and earn it, young man.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
The kid is 17 and has been through more **** than I can even imagine. His attitude is incredible and makes me think big 12 basketball won’t be too much of a transition.

Can’t wait to see him play.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
There was a lot of talk of how his body wasn't quite college ready. From watching Cap City it's hard to believe he's 17, one of the more mature looking freshmen I've seen at ISU. He'll be able to handle how physical the Big 12 gets.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
There was a lot of talk of how his body wasn't quite college ready. From watching Cap City it's hard to believe he's 17, one of the more mature looking freshmen I've seen at ISU. He'll be able to handle how physical the Big 12 gets.
I think the questions were more about physical conditioning, not so much about size and strength. That was mentioned as an issue for him at the USA U18 National Team tryouts. I have a feeling he'll already be in much better shape by the time the season starts.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think the questions were more about physical conditioning, not so much about size and strength. That was mentioned as an issue for him at the USA U18 National Team tryouts. I have a feeling he'll already be in much better shape by the time the season starts.

Which was headed up by... Bill Self.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron