Talen Horton-Tucker next year

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
My opinion means very little, but I think he has the potential to be slotted in between Fizer and Georges.
I hope your right. If he's considered better than Georges by the end of his career, it will be because he was great on offense and defense.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
THT may be a better player than Georges, but it is unlikely he'll have a better career. Georges was unique in that he was very skilled for the college game, but there were questions about how that would translate to the NBA. If we get another player as skilled as Georges, I'll be surprised if they make it all four years at ISU.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
THT won’t be here 4 years...We will be lucky honestly to have him for two years...He is 100% a NBA talent with loads of potential..6’6 with a 7’ wingspan with his skill set and athleticism..uhmm..he won’t be hear very long im afraid.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I think it is likely that Weiskamp has much better looking stats because Fran will be counting on big minutes and big things from him while PRememberrohm will not have to rely on Horton-Tucker.

Remember, Weiskamp will only get 10-12 minutes, just like 10 other players on the hoks. Connor and JorBo will average 35 min. He'll get enough minutes to make all Freshman B1G. THat will be the pinnacle of his Hok career.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bestaluckcy

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
So basically, many of you are saying we'll never get a 4 year player again with the impact, skill, talent, production, etc. of a Georges, cuz if they are that good, they'll be leaving early. Seems to be the trend now.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Georges Niang was a helluva player and his personality was second to none. My all time favorite along with Hoiberg. Let's not forget Georges never led us to a Big 12 title. Never won Big 12 POY. Never got us to a final four or even an elite 8. There will be several equally if not more talented players in an ISU uniform.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So basically, many of you are saying we'll never get a 4 year player again with the impact, skill, talent, production, etc. of a Georges, cuz if they are that good, they'll be leaving early. Seems to be the trend now.
Georges was really talented but he was also a player without a position in the NBA. He wasn't quick enough to guard NBA threes and not big enough to regularly play the 4 in the league.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Georges Niang was a helluva player and his personality was second to none. My all time favorite along with Hoiberg. Let's not forget Georges never led us to a Big 12 title. Never won Big 12 POY. Never got us to a final four or even an elite 8. There will be several equally if not more talented players in an ISU uniform.

The games never got played but things were looking really good the yr his foot got broke. I was in a meeting when I learned that, got sick to my stomach.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Cool, Cool.

@PaulBiancardi Best Bucket getters in 2018.
RJ Barrett- Duke
Cam Reddish -Duke
Romeo Langford undecided
Quentin Grimes -KU
Keldon Johnson-UK
Louis King -Oregon
Kevin Porter -USC
Will Richardson -Oregon
Javonte Smart- LSU
Jalen Carey -Cuse
Talen Horton-Tucker ISU

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Cool, Cool.

@PaulBiancardi Best Bucket getters in 2018.
RJ Barrett- Duke
Cam Reddish -Duke
Romeo Langford undecided
Quentin Grimes -KU
Keldon Johnson-UK
Louis King -Oregon
Kevin Porter -USC
Will Richardson -Oregon
Javonte Smart- LSU
Jalen Carey -Cuse
Talen Horton-Tucker ISU
Good thing Benjimill (er whatever his name is) says that THT can't score and has a bad 3 point stroke....
giphy.gif

Reactions: DurangoCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I love seeing guys come in as true freshmen with "NBA-ready bodies." Wigginton. Horton-Tucker.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

I think we will. People said we would never have another Fizer, Another Brackins, another Hoiberg. These guys come and go and we love them. What made Georges so special is he is a tweener in the NBA so he basically had to stay all four years. That is what we hope to get with all of our players.

• Agree
Reactions: TedKumsher

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
I don't think he puts up FPOY kind of stats mostly due to the options in front of him, but Chicagoland area basketball circles definitely think very highly of THT

Help Support Us

Become a patron