Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Stupid childhood diseases causing trouble later in life.

I think Z has had the chicken pox vaccine already. Don't remember. I wonder if she'll get anything. I've had shingles years ago and thankfully it was only mildly annoying. Though since this showing, I've been itchy. Which doesn't make sense. Shingles hurt not itch. Yeesh

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
They did. We're all hoping to avoid the face, but I'm not googling that. I'm good without seeing it.
Erik, if I may ask, how old are you? We just had this conversation with my son & his wife about vaccines, etc (they do). The topic moved to shingles, and I told him that both PapaLew & I have been vaccinated for shingles. He's 40, she's 39. I think they start recommending you get the vaccine at 50, but I'm not sure.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Erik, if I may ask, how old are you? We just had this conversation with my son & his wife about vaccines, etc (they do). The topic moved to shingles, and I told him that both PapaLew & I have been vaccinated for shingles. He's 40, she's 39. I think they start recommending you get the vaccine at 50, but I'm not sure.

Just got back from the gym. Saw that the Medicap on Lincoln Way is advertising the Shingles vaccine and saying "Don't wait until it's too late."
Nice try.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am back to June can EABOD. Now Friday is the lone maybe sunny day of the week.

Actually weather for all of 2018 so far can EABOD.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I think Z has had the chicken pox vaccine already. Don't remember. I wonder if she'll get anything. I've had shingles years ago and thankfully it was only mildly annoying. Though since this showing, I've been itchy. Which doesn't make sense. Shingles hurt not itch. Yeesh

I had shingles many years ago, too...right along my shin. And yeah, it itched...wasn't painful.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
MrsWx had shingles on her lower back and nether regions last year...I think she is 40-45. Yeah their family is a little too close.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
MrsWx had shingles on her lower back and nether regions last year...I think she is 40-45. Yeah their family is a little too close.

I don’t know if I understand this. Are you saying something about catching shingles from her family around the nether regions?

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So baseball people: how long to rain delays normally go before they call it. Because the brewers game was supposed to start at 6 and they're in a delay in Philly. I wouldn't stay up to watch it, I'm just curious how long it takes them to make that decision.

And Chaser and SCyclone, living in Wisconsin might make me a bit of a brewers and Packers fan. I'm not a huge baseball person, so I probably won't be a huge fan of the Brewers, but I've just been living here permanently for a few weeks and I already have a soft spot for them

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So baseball people: how long to rain delays normally go before they call it. Because the brewers game was supposed to start at 6 and they're in a delay in Philly. I wouldn't stay up to watch it, I'm just curious how long it takes them to make that decision.

And Chaser and SCyclone, living in Wisconsin might make me a bit of a brewers and Packers fan. I'm not a huge baseball person, so I probably won't be a huge fan of the Brewers, but I've just been living here permanently for a few weeks and I already have a soft spot for them

GO PACK GO!!!!

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

It's postponed. Depends on a few things. Since the game was in Pittsburgh, they are a division opponent, and we are going back there in a couple weeks, might as well postpone it. Other times if it's two teams that only face each other twice a year, or once if it's an interleague matchup, they will probably wait a long time, probably around 3 hours. Also depends on where they are at in the series. Is it game 1 or game 3? Game 1 or 2, they will most likely play a double header the next day. Game 3 the teams will look for a mutual off day in their schedules to make it up. So in summary, around 2-3 hours.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
It's postponed. Depends on a few things. Since the game was in Pittsburgh, they are a division opponent, and we are going back there in a couple weeks, might as well postpone it. Other times if it's two teams that only face each other twice a year, or once if it's an interleague matchup, they will probably wait a long time, probably around 3 hours. Also depends on where they are at in the series. Is it game 1 or game 3? Game 1 or 2, they will most likely play a double header the next day. Game 3 the teams will look for a mutual off day in their schedules to make it up. So in summary, around 2-3 hours.
oh that's right, they're in Pittsburgh this series. And thanks, when I saw postponed, I was thinking still in the context of delayed, not "we'll play this one later"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron