MLB: ***Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
He seems to growing up before our eyes at the plate.

Soriano was a 30+ year old free swinger. Baez has so much room to grow, and I’ve said it before... his hands are so friggin’ good. He could hit .330 with power with just a little bit of discipline.

I know. Baez
He's already doing that, and hitting it the other way.
Javy will have a couple MVP-like seasons pretty soon.

yeah, he has been lately. I just hope it sticks. The guy is special.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Almora is making a case to get more starts and a shot at the leadoff spot if he keeps this up. Batting average now .308 and OBP .357. Baez is sure having one helluva night too. This is the kind of explosiveness this team is capable of, just hope it shows up more consistently. They'll probably get beat 2-1 tomorrow now.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Almora is making a case to get more starts and a shot at the leadoff spot if he keeps this up. Batting average now .308 and OBP .357. Baez is sure having one helluva night too. This is the kind of explosiveness this team is capable of, just hope it shows up more consistently. They'll probably get beat 2-1 tomorrow now.

Two nights in a row like this. It's starting to become consistent.
Just work counts and these guys will light it up almost every night.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I flipped the game on in the ninth and caught the last few seconds. Did they say Contreras pitched the ninth?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Joe better run that same lineup out there tomorrow. Almora and Baez for 8-12 for 6 runs and 5 RBI in the top 2 spots, Bryant 2-5 with a walk in the 3 hole and Rizzo scores 2 runs in cleanup without getting a hit. Even Russell and Heyward combined for 4 hits in the bottom of the lineup. Don't mess with what worked. They won't come close to matching that production tomorrow but if this team is ever going to put a hot streak together you have to keep putting a lineup that was hot out there till it fails you. Will be pissed if Happ is starting over Almora, what else does Almora need to prove to get more playing time. He is by far is better defensively and so far this season is working counts and making much better contact than Happ. I love Happ's potential and power but even as good as he was as leadoff in spring training he looks lost at the plate like Schwarber did last year leading off and would probably have a bigger impact hitting 5th or 6th when he he plays.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I flipped the game on in the ninth and caught the last few seconds. Did they say Contreras pitched the ninth?

Wilson did and gave up a run and 2 walks. Really hope he figures things out soon, it's hard to fault pitchers in Colorado but Wilson already had 10 walks in 8 1/3 innings this season but also has 12 K's to go with that. Seems like he either strikes a guy out or they get on base via hit or walk so far.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Wilson did and gave up a run and 2 walks. Really hope he figures things out soon, it's hard to fault pitchers in Colorado but Wilson already had 10 walks in 8 1/3 innings this season but also has 12 K's to go with that. Seems like he either strikes a guy out or they get on base via hit or walk so far.

Ok. I just misheard it on the radio. I thought for a second the game was so out of hand they let Contreras pitch the last inning like they did with Montero last year. Of course that was a blowout loss for the Cubs. Probably would be against unwritten rules to let your catcher pitch in a blowout win. I bet Contreras could throw some heat on the mound though.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ok. I just misheard it on the radio. I thought for a second the game was so out of hand they let Contreras pitch the last inning like they did with Montero last year. Of course that was a blowout loss for the Cubs. Probably would be against unwritten rules to let your catcher pitch in a blowout win. I bet Contreras could throw some heat on the mound though.
Willson - Wilson, it's an easy mistake.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Not counting Rizzo’s 3/4 game against STL, he’s batting .079 on the year... woof

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron