For alligations related to a Big12 school start on page 21

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
The conversation was about the continued contract work with Adidas, not what I generally think about the entire situation. I have commented on that when the conversation was about that. And "we" haven't been caught cheating at all. We have a player who played last year whose guardian is alleged to have accepted money. At worst, Kansas is guilty of playing a player who they believed was eligible to play. I have not seen one shred of evidence or one word of a statement from the FBI that there is any reason to believe that Kansas knowingly broke any rules. If you are aware of something that does then please provide a link because I would like to see it to learn more about what is happening or what happened.

People think that Kansas is continuing to move forward with that contract with Adidas because it shows they are complicit with nefarious acts but it is actually being done because athletic departments run on money and I doubt their annual budget can survive without radical changes if they switch over to Nike. Those tens of millions of dollars fund entire sports in the athletic department. So who should get the axe so we can save face and go back to Nike at a massively discounted rate, the golf team? The baseball team? (insert "the basketball team" joke here).

Opinion stated as fact is always my favorite.

Hopefully the KU baseketball dorm's barber shop doesn't have to close.

Reactions: CTTB78 and Macloney

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Ugh. Falling back on lame edits when you don't have an actual support for your argument. Maybe you can do some "your mama" jokes next.

I thought you where done?
Just curious, have you written to Pat Forde and the rest of the national media asking for links for their "argument"?

• Funny
Reactions: DurangoCy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Billy Preston is not from the hood; his family is not impoverished. I am sure you arent implying that Self should assume that the family of a black basketball player cannot afford to buy their child a nice car, are you?

I'm assuming that the family of any college kid that can afford to buy them a brand new car is absolutely loaded. I assume he would know if that's the case. I would also assume it's part of his job to ask tough questions about anything uncomfortable.

• Creative
Reactions: rholtgraves

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

@randomfan44

giphy.webp

Reactions: MartinCy

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Another article:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...g-in-college-basketball/ar-AAw642l?ocid=ientp

AAU showcases sometimes require $350 per college coach. If a college sends its whole staff, that's $1,400. The charge is technically for a packet but coaches joke that the schedules in the packets are usually wrong, so what are they really paying for?

This is the world in which Kansas basketball operates, doing so with eyes wide open, and a coach who does not have virgin eyes. You can see all of this in the school's contract with adidas, and the ongoing negotiations for an extension.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Another article:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...g-in-college-basketball/ar-AAw642l?ocid=ientp

AAU showcases sometimes require $350 per college coach. If a college sends its whole staff, that's $1,400. The charge is technically for a packet but coaches joke that the schedules in the packets are usually wrong, so what are they really paying for?

This is the world in which Kansas basketball operates, doing so with eyes wide open, and a coach who does not have virgin eyes. You can see all of this in the school's contract with adidas, and the ongoing negotiations for an extension.
Um, Iowa State is at all the same AAU events that Kansas is, folks. And so is every other program in D1 basketball. There is not a single D1 team in the nation that doesn't recruit AAU kids. Not one.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
https://www.yahoo.com/news/arike-ogunbowale-got-waiver-ncaa-153850902.html

The Notre Dame player who hit the game winner's in the FF and NC game gets a waiver to be on Dancing with the Stars, and able to profit from it, because "her appearance on the show is unrelated to her basketball abilities".

YEAH, OK. Does that mean that a basketball player can be paid to perform in a local talent show, or be in a local advertisement because those things are unrelated to their basketball abilities?!? I mean, it's great for this girl that she gets to make some money but holy moly, the ncaa is absurdly inconsistent.