***Big 10 Thread***

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I am not either, but you’ve got to admit he’s talking like a person who is going to transfer.

I took his response as more of a disappointing season that has weighed on him and it was a stupid question to ask at that time.

If a reporter were to ask the same question to Lindell or Cam after our loss in the Big 12 tourney I'd expect the same type of non-answer because of the timing of the question.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If it's not a Big 12, Big 10, ACC, SEC, Pac 12 I consider it a mid-major. I'll give you the Big East isn't your typical mid-major but with it's current configuration it's more of a mid-major than a P5.
OK, wow. This is so wrong. The Big East is nowhere near a mid-major by anyone's definition.

• Winner
Reactions: CRcyclone6

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I took his response as more of a disappointing season that has weighed on him and it was a stupid question to ask at that time.

If a reporter were to ask the same question to Lindell or Cam after our loss in the Big 12 tourney I'd expect the same type of non-answer because of the timing of the question.

There is no smoke at all about Cam or Lindell leaving like there is with Cook

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Doubtful. But in my opinion he doesn't have any real options but to stay. He isn't going to the NBA and he isn't going to waste a year sitting out because he transferred.

I hate Iowa more than almost anyone, but let's use some common sense here.

I tend to agree with this take, but then again, Shayok...

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
I'm guessing he maybe goes the Jok route and gauges interest from the NBA and when he finds he has absolutely zero shot of getting drafted he returns to Iowa for his Junior season. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Ok you convinced me he's gone
I think he stays as well, as picking Iowa in the first place suggests career impact is not factored into his decision making, but I definitely think he would benefit from transferring to a major program.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

giphy.gif

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
I'm a little surprised at how naive most Iowa fans are to how JuCo recruiting works. There seems to be a belief that there is a wealth of unsigned talent out there after the season. It's not impossible, but it's very late in the game for worthwhile JuCo transfers.
The talent at the juco level in both basketball and football isn't as good as it used to be.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I make a habit out of not tweeting at 18-22 year old kids, especially ones that I don't know personally. But you do you guy.
Of course I'm not doing it. I don't even have Twitter. Just pointing out it's extremely funny how fast Iowa "fans" will turn on a player.
This is the reason why speculation about specific players transferring is frowned upon. (rholt)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron