***Big 10 Thread***

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I think some of them regress because of his temperament.

I thought they'd do better with close attention Fran provided:
BB_OlS2CQAAGOli.jpg

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Honest question, do any of the Hawkeye fans here know what the scholarship distribution for next year is supposed to be? I see 14 guys with scholarships and that doesn't even include Connor McCaffrey. Is the plan for the McCaffrey boys to stay off scholarship? (understandable since Dad is a millionaire and it frees up openings for more guys). So at least one guy has to go, I just wondered if it was common knowledge to those who follow the team who will be leaving after this year, or is it just unknown but one of those things you trust the staff to get worked out? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, the chart I saw still had Christian Williams on it and he transferred.

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
@YeahBuddy who do you think is a better coach, Prohm or Fran?
Let's play a game. If you can fill in the blanks in this anonymous quote, you can figure out the answer to your question.

"I saw him play on the circuit and he is a better player now than the last time I saw him. I think you have to give Coach _______ and his coaching staff a lot of credit for that. Players get better here at ______. He’s a good coach.”

Who do you think it is about?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I thought at the end of last season Pemsl has a bright future at Iowa. He hasn't done much at all in B1G play this year though.
He's an easy scout. No range and pet moves on offense. He's also short for his position.

Other than that he's a beast.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
That's the thing with Fran. He's spotty at best when it comes to developing talent. Basabe, Ogelsby, Clemmons, Gesell, Woodbury. These were big minute guys by the time they were done, but you can make an argument that their impact on the stats didn't increase by all that much. Some growth, but not much really jumps off the stat sheet.

But you are also leaving off Marble, White, Uthoff and Jok who all became first team all league players under Fran. 3 of those 4 were very lightly recruited players in terms of P5 offers.

Reactions: isu2014
D

Deleted member 8507

Rivals, 247 and ESPN. It'll be curious to see how much the ESPN bump gives him today or tomorrow whenenever it updates but he's #76 in ESPN and #31 in Rivals so if he jumps up in the 60's in 247 he'll probably jump Wieskamp
THT needs to be 57 or higher on 247 rating to jump JW current composite ranking. Any decrease in JW or add'l increase in THT other ratings closes that gap. I think they will end up within 10 spots of each other so it really doesn't matter. Both are good players but I would rather have THT. He is younger with more future growth potential. JW is a very good player now but I am not sure how much better he can get. What you get his freshman year may be what you have his senior year too (which is still better than Iowa currently has). Or I could be completely wrong . . . .

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
But you are also leaving off Marble, White, Uthoff and Jok who all became first team all league players under Fran. 3 of those 4 were very lightly recruited players in terms of P5 offers.

I'm pretty sure I said he was spotty. Fran seems to be good for about 1 guy a year that he actually develops. The rest of the guys seem to be on their own.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Fairly sure this swoon isn’t Fran’s fault. It’s all on Lick, Lil’ Lick, and that thug giant ISU student who viciously attacked Pemsl, removing most of his leg, when Pemsl barely grazed his feet. Prayers for Cordell .

I know I'll never forget where I was at on 12/7/17 when the Cyclone Alley Massacre went down.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Step #1: Yell at your players.
Step #2: Yell louder.
Step #3: Buy an eggplant.
Step #4: Use your bathroom mirror to practice tantrums until your face can achieve the same color as the eggplant.
Step #5: Repeat, buying additional eggplants as needed.

Step #6: Make sure eggplants average at least 15 minutes/game.
Step #7: ?
Step #8: Profit

Help Support Us

Become a patron