Invading Ames again

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I had so much fun when I came to Ames last year I decided to have another round. NWICY mailed me a free ticket so I really didn't have a choice did I ? Left waco about 1:15 I am currently 30 minutes away from the Kansas line. I'm hoping to hook up with BoxterCy & Acoustimac. They're both promising they might/maybe/probably will be there. Anyone else care to meet up before the game I'll buy you a sammich.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I had so much fun when I came to Ames last year I decided to have another round. NWICY mailed me a free ticket so I really didn't have a choice did I ? Left waco about 1:15 I am currently 30 minutes away from the Kansas line. I'm hoping to hook up with BoxterCy & Acoustimac. They're both promising they might/maybe/probably will be there. Anyone else care to meet up before the game I'll buy you a sammich.

Welcome back. Love your posts!

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009

I won't be able to come before the game - but I'd meet you for lunch if you don't have a better offer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The residual sinus/ears stuff left over from flu bug is back some today so think I am going to be smart and lay low in Fortress Boxster and watch the two games from home tonight.

This flu stuff is a ***** and I didn't get it half as bad as my one friend.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I won't be able to come before the game - but I'd meet you for lunch if you don't have a better offer.
I will be arriving around 3:00. I assume lunch means 12:00. I'm still about 30 mins south of des moines. I have a ticket in sec 112, row 8, seat 6 but I may move and set with acoustimac if he shows up. I haven't heard from him yet today. my number is 254-6449816.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I will be arriving around 3:00. I assume lunch means 12:00. I'm still about 30 mins south of des moines. I have a ticket in sec 112, row 8, seat 6 but I may move and set with acoustimac if he shows up. I haven't heard from him yet today. my number is XXXXXXXX.

You may want to delete that phone number and put it in a PM. Just a thought...

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
You may want to delete that phone number and put it in a PM. Just a thought...
Oh I'm fine with it. I'm pretty sure the FBI has it. And now days it seems that every telemarketer around can bug you on a daily basis. When we first got cell phones that was the beauty of them, no telemarketers. But now they're calling from all over.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oh I'm fine with it. I'm pretty sure the FBI has it. And now days it seems that every telemarketer around can bug you on a daily basis. When we first got cell phones that was the beauty of them, no telemarketers. But now they're calling from all over.
To each their own. But be warned, CF has its share of crazies.

• Disagree
Reactions: StClone

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Does Hilton have WiFi ? Can you carry a chrome book in ? or is that considered a weapon ? If I remember last year you couldn't just walk in whenever you wanted to. Do they open an hour before tip-off ? or 30 minutes ?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Woof. ISU scored only 2 points in the first quarter. Ugly.

Maybe Baylor will get bored once they get up by 30 or so.

Last edited:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Haven’t seen Emily play since first half. They say anything on the radio about whether she’s hurt?

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
More blubber from Bill on the postgame. Bridget was great but has no help...We need players that want to play....We will find players that want to do things the Iowa State Way.

I actually thought we did well for 2.5 quarters of the game.

Also important to note that Bill was just plain mad all night--He went bonkers (rightfully so) and got a T early in the game

• Agree
Reactions: runbikeswim

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
My biggest wonder is why Scott doesn't see more minutes. She is by far our leading rebounder in terms of rebounds per minute. She is sometimes a freshman on the offensive end, but it's not like Bride and Meredith are tearing it up offensively.

It just seems sometimes like she is stuck on the bench for inordinately long periods.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron