Jacob Park to transfer

isu83

May 5, 2010
Honestly I figured it was because of a 2nd failed test. Am I misreading the article?

And when drugs are involved and the poor me attitude comes out with untruths it tells me he has serious issues.

I wish him the best. And hope he can get a handle on things. Otherwise he has a tough road ahead. He couldn't possibly expect to start. Maybe as a long shot if things fell into place maybe. But his chance to be the starting qb appears to have passed him by, realistically.

When the press is printing things like this I tend to question them. Maybe the rag was just ragging as it seems to do all to often. Noone will ever know the truth.

• Useful
Reactions: everyyard

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I’ve always said I thought he had next level talent if he could get his head on straight. Unfortunately he may have blown his last opportunity to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and othercy

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
All things considered, the level of support Park received from ISU fans is probably a higher level of support after screwing up than he's going to receive the rest of his life.

I seriously think seeing comments stating that if Park came back Kempt should still start in his mind equaled fans turning on him. How many times do we hear the stupid comments by athletes, where people pick the opponent to win = "everyone disrespected us."

I think the lack of equivocating from players speaks volumes.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Taking off the cardinal and gold blinders, find me another fan base that supports a team the way we do in all sports. Now tell me that after he failed a drug test, we decided to abandon a family member of cyclone nation. I’m sorry but when you call out an entire fan base and say we turned on you for a mistake that he made, that’s on you. People need to learn self accountability because it has gone out the window with kids my age and younger. Making a mistake and then blaming your schools fans is pathetic. Good luck Jacob, but grow up. Life doesn’t get any easier.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Its just too bad Tommy didn't speak with someone from inside the program before he ran with the story.

When I first read DMR article, I thought Birch had spoken with Campbell based on this quote:
  • "There’s been multiple people and sources put around Jacob to get healthy and get himself back on the football team," Campbell said. "Everybody’s been in constant communication on his health and his status."
But I think I misinterpreted the timeline -- re-reading it, appears to be a quote from Campbell at the time of Park taking leave from the team, if Campbell did in fact find out about the transfer-request only after reading the article.

If it was an archival quote, Birch needed to made that clear.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Good luck to him wherever he ends up. GF is hot hope she wasn't hoping to ride his football ability to an NFL wife lifestyle. Kind of doubt that will happen if he couldn't handle ISU I don't think he'll handle NFL pressure very well if he can find a way to try out. But good luck to him in the rest of his life he was fun to watch when he was on.

Somebody has been watching too much WAGS LA...

tumblr_otq9gkBI141vyv1rho6_400.gif

Reactions: Bubbahotep

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
The players that have stuck with this program are amazing, those that haven’t or weren’t smart enough to stay out of trouble can get bent.

othercy

Mar 31, 2012
Northern CA
Park we love you man. But, Iowa State fans have nothing to do with where you are now. Best on your future goals. And forgive us if we did offend, and please come to realize you left a mark but it is best to say no more as we part ways.

Agree completely ... wish the best for him, his child and his GF ... hope he gets his s*** together ... how could you not have compassion for this young man ... quote from DMR ... "He said the challenge of balancing school, football, fatherhood and living with the mother of his child became overwhelming" ... even if you think he made his own bed on all this ... hope there is more help to come from ISU, his family, team, and others ... and hoping he gets some humility and wisdom regarding his pathology in all this ...

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I heard other fan bases make some pretty derogatory comments about him, but I never heard any Cyclone fans voice anything but support. Oh well, some people bite the hand that feeds them at times.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
The story I was told is that after the Texas game someone (a fan?) sent Matt Campbell a picture of Jacob Park smoking a bong. Because of this he was given a drug test on the Monday after Texas which he failed. Jacob did not react well to getting suspended which turned a short suspension into a leave of absence. Have no way to verify this, so take it with a grain of salt, but it fits with everything I have read.

The use of marijuana is viewed as no big deal by many but others see it as a huge problem. Seems Park was probably trying to toe the line but in the end it came down to a clash of cultures. I wish and hope for the best for him and his family.

AllN4Cy

Sep 9, 2010
Grimes
Jacob, you continue to blame others. You have all the talent in the world and are a blast to watch play, but c'mon man. We were your fourth school. Now you plan to go to your fifth school. At what point will you look yourself in the mirror and ask, "Is it me?"

You want credit for all the accolades and glory, but want to blame everyone else for your problems. You are going to once again turn and run away as though your problems will somehow disappear.

Well, Godspeed Jacob. I hope you find someplace where you are comfortable in your own skin, where you can face your personal demons head-on, and where you can find a place to rebuild your life in a healthy way.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Wish him good luck as he plans to transfer. Calls out ISU fans for turning on him. “ISU is supposed to be the most loyal fan base and we’re the first ones to turn on me. “

This is college football. This would happen anywhere. If the starting QB of Alabama suddenly left in the beginning of the season with little explanation, does anyone thing he wouldn't be strongly criticized by the fans?