Jacob Park to transfer

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
This whole story is strange. Not sure how the suspension could have been only 1 game to begin with. The NCAA manual states that the punishment for a first offense positive test of a substance that falls into the "street drug" classification is automatically 6 games (or 6 weeks, can't remember which).
6 games for weed is beyond absurd - that can't be true.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonestans

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Unless your playing for Baylor.

You can't teach arm talent but you can't teach the mental abilities needed to be an NFL QB either. That's why there are very few people in this world that have both and are so well paid.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
6 games for weed is beyond absurd - that can't be true.

"The penalty for a positive test for a substance in the street drug class is withholding from competition for 50% of the season in all sports in which the student-athlete participates. A second positive test for a street drug results in the loss of a year of eligibility and withholding from participation for 365 days from the test."

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/topics/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
"The penalty for a positive test for a substance in the street drug class is withholding from competition for 50% of the season in all sports in which the student-athlete participates. A second positive test for a street drug results in the loss of a year of eligibility and withholding from participation for 365 days from the test."

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/topics/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

Maybe it wasn't an NCAA test - maybe it was an ISU test when staff noticed he was acting strangely after the Texas game.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
OK.....I wish the best Jacob like 99.75% of Cyclone Nation does...heck, outside of the Chiz and Marty Fine, there aren't too many folks we would not welcome back. Hell, I kept cheering for you to sneak in the game at Baylor or such and surprise everyone for a few plays.
But, Seriously, we need some wisdom on what is going down with social media. Hell, we got to add this to common core or something and start teaching it in Kindegarten or something......YOu can find all sides of crazy stupid crap on the WWW(that's world wide web) and social media....dumb people, cyber bullies, mean people, people pretending to be mean people, bots pretending to be bad-mannered mean people who say bad words that noone is allowed to say, paid trolls, partisan hacks assuming identities, and people that might be perceived to not have your back. To claim anything else, like some disney child star drama queen, is BOOOOORRRINGGGG. Lord, I thought recruits see this already....all the false flags and subterfuge. So a couple people tweeted some stuff that did not make you feel good.....that was an extremely small outlier.....most of us out here were rooting for you and still are. Get a good plan B.....no shame in that. You know how many touchdown passes I threw in college???? zero. I'm jealous of you for that.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

That is an NCAA test. ISU test is a violation of team rules. And 10% of season for 2nd failed test. Warning for first. ISU or any school isn't required to report street drug positives to NCAA.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wish him good luck as he plans to transfer. Calls out ISU fans for turning on him. “ISU is supposed to be the most loyal fan base and we’re the first ones to turn on me. “

I couldn't believe it, but after Kempt lit up Oklahoma in the biggest win in ISU history the vast majority on this board were calling for a healthy Park to be back as the starter. It blew my mind, but the fans on this board certainly didn't turn on Park.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
Hey Mr. Park, Iowa needs a quarterback!

Best wishes and god speed heading east, before the burning bridges collapse under your feet.

• Creative
Reactions: CTTB78

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The overwhelming majority of comments I saw from fans were supportive. If you ask me, seems like he's having a pity party, which indicates a level of selfishness and refusal to try to get over his problems, whatever they may be.

I thought it was almost over the top supportive on here. Kempt was top 10 in the country in QB rating after a couple games and it seemed like the vast majority still wanted Park to start even without knowing what his off the field problems were.

Privately I felt pretty strongly Kempt should stay the starter until his injury but I went out of my way to not be over the top about it exactly because I wouldn't want the kid to feel like he got a nutpunch from any of the fans. Now I can say it I guess.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
If this is how he feels than I am fine with him leaving. Seems to me like he is upset Kempt and Zeb played very well and he kneee he wasn’t going to have the job handed to him.

Also, as far as I know, the fanbase has been nothing but supportive of him, and yet he says we turned on him. This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm