Jacob Park to transfer

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I wish he didn't feel the need to trash the program and fans on the way out, but the high road is the only way to take. From the outside, it sure appears as though CMC, the staff and his teammates gave him an immense amount of support simply by keeping the details of his leave under wraps for 2+ months. The way I read the story, Park went to the media with his account rather than it leaking out somewhere. I'd ruled out a failed drug test/suspension as I figured that would be released if it were the case.

I wish Park the best because there's so much more to life than football and Iowa State. He's got a daughter that's going to depend on him for the rest of her life, and I hope he's in a place where he can be there for her. Good on him for being in a position to graduate in the spring and best of luck wherever he may land, in the real world or on the football field.

Reactions: khardbored

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Maybe I missed it on the first read through, but he's leaving because there's been talk about Kempt trying to get a 6th year of eligibility. Smdh.

• Informative
Reactions: JBone84

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Maybe I missed it on the first read through, but he's leaving because there's been talk about Kempt trying to get a 6th year of eligibility. Smdh.

That was put in with the most recent update. Seems he can’t handle being beaten out?

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
When I read the title of this thread, I was disappointed, but not surprised. I had always rooted for Park's success. When I read his comments about the fans turning on him, I admit that it ticked me off. How old is he? He is not fresh out of high school. He is old enough to make a baby while still in college and then turn to drugs to solve his problems. Not a good start to life. He needs to take responsibility for his own failures. Grow up and be a role model to that kid.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I didn't read the full 5 pages of posts, so this likely is a "late to the party" post. But, this situation and Park's comments clearly show the need for further maturation. It's easy to quit when life gets tough and it's easy to blame others for one's poor choices. A real man owns his actions and mistakes and steps into the challenge for the sake of his teammates, but significantly more importantly, for his family.

I wish Park all the best in whatever is next, but I truly hope he grows up for the sake of his kid and decides to lean into future challenges life will inevitably throw at him. Running away rarely solves anything.
The saddest conclusion from today's events is that Park has a long way to go in terms of his recovery. One doesn't make the necessary changes required in these situations until you hit rock bottom and realize that the problems are caused by behavior flaws of the individual. The path of feeling sorry for oneself and confusing enabling with support has to be rejected. The hard changes have to come from within and then one can appreciate what true support is like.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
From the beginning, I never had a good feeling about him. Comes across as cocky, immature, and entitled. With that said, I hope he figures things out and is able to move forward. I think he is gonna have a tough time finding a school that will take a risk on him with him coming out and saying what he's said.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
This whole story is strange. Not sure how the suspension could have been only 1 game to begin with. The NCAA manual states that the punishment for a first offense positive test of a substance that falls into the "street drug" classification is automatically 6 games (or 6 weeks, can't remember which).

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Good job letting the teams possibly vying for your services know that you haven’t been lifting/working out/etc since the Texas game. (Sounds like he is straight up lying, but still) I guess he could have been going to Ames Raquet/Fitness to stay in shape