When you Mom Makes Fat Free Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Pumpkin pie sucks.

I used to think so, until I had one of these bad boys.
MiniPumpkinPies2.jpg

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
A friend of mine from LA was bragging on social media about how she was going to make three different gluten-free pies for Thanksgiving (nobody in her family has Celiac's).

Freaking California, man.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
A friend of mine from LA was bragging on social media about how she was going to make three different gluten-free pies for Thanksgiving (nobody in her family has Celiac's).

Freaking California, man.

Totally.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
I always buy a Costco pumpkin pie. I have had many people tell me that I don't need to bring a Costco pie to Thanksgiving dinner because so-and-so's pie is better. Fact is, nobody makes a better pumpkin pie than Costco. They may think they do but they are wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: IsUaClone2

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Fat Free. Bad stuff. Fat Free and Lite stuff has more sugars. Better to eat full fat with lower sugar content. Fat actually is satiating. Moderate portions.

Have been on Keto Diet for a month and a half. Lost 20 pounds. Carbs and sugars are the enemy. Protein and fat not so much. Eating bacon and eggs for breakfast. No toast. Lots of meat and low carb vegetables. Romaine lettuce. Cheese. No milk. No fruit except strawberries with unsweetened almond milk for occasional smoothie. My son has lost 50 pounds since the end of July. And that is with normal physical activity. Not exercising regularly. Little or no beer. Whiskey occasionally is OK.

Awesome diet.

• Winner
Reactions: Gorm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I always buy a Costco pumpkin pie. I have had many people tell me that I don't need to bring a Costco pie to Thanksgiving dinner because so-and-so's pie is better. Fact is, nobody makes a better pumpkin pie than Costco. They may think they do but they are wrong.
I hate pumpkin but their apple pies are awesome and their cakes are out of this world, especially for the price.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Fat Free. Bad stuff. Fat Free and Lite stuff has more sugars. Better to eat full fat with lower sugar content. Fat actually is satiating. Moderate portions.

Have been on Keto Diet for a month and a half. Lost 20 pounds. Carbs and sugars are the enemy. Protein and fat not so much. Eating bacon and eggs for breakfast. No toast. Lots of meat and low carb vegetables. Romaine lettuce. Cheese. No milk. No fruit except strawberries with unsweetened almond milk for occasional smoothie. My son has lost 50 pounds since the end of July. And that is with normal physical activity. Not exercising regularly. Little or no beer. Whiskey occasionally is OK.

Awesome diet

Hard pass.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Awesome diet.

I'm gonna try the whiskey part of that diet first. I feel like I need to ease my way into it.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone