Bowl Game Projections

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I honestly don’t know if they want someone who travels. The only way these bowls make money is off tickets and sponsorship deals
The Camping World Bowl is operated by a non-profit (FCS) and from the Bowl's website:

"Florida Citrus Sports (FCSports or FCS) is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through its signature events."

As tourism is listed very highly (as it is for many bowls) a well-traveled school from out of the bowl area brings in a load of tourism dollars.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The Camping World Bowl is operated by a non-profit (FCS) and from the Bowl's website:

"Florida Citrus Sports (FCSports or FCS) is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through its signature events."

As tourism is listed very highly (as it is for many bowls) a well-traveled school from out of the bowl area brings in a load of tourism dollars.
This. I guarantee they looked back at how many fans we brought to the Insight Bowl in 2009 after a several year bowl drought. The Insight Bowl picked us ahead of a couple teams who finished better than us (Missery fans were pissed). They are likely looking at it the same way this year too, heck I think the fans are more excited this year than in 2009 and more willing to travel. Plus Orlando isn't as far of a drive as Tempe was.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
What am I missing that has changed? In ‘09 we limped into the Liberty Bowl as a 6-6 team and not a great conference record. Yet people are projecting us to the Liberty even though we’ll be ahead of several other eligible teams? Did the Liberty move up in selection somehow?

• Useful
Reactions: abd4cy

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
What am I missing that has changed? In ‘09 we limped into the Liberty Bowl as a 6-6 team and not a great conference record. Yet people are projecting us to the Liberty even though we’ll be ahead of several other eligible teams? Did the Liberty move up in selection somehow?
Yep a new deal with the Big 12 and a move up the pecking order. Bigger bowl payout.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
After NY6 is determined...Alamo gets to choose who they want to choose..Then its camping world who pics i believe...ISu will be in either of those. We bring fans and we bring fans who spend money..That is all they care about.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Why are people booking tickets..hope they are refundable bc if we win vs KSU there is a good chance we end up in the Alamo bowl. If OU makes playoffs and say TCU finishes a clear 2nd and takes the Cotton or Sugar whatever NY6..then it goes to Alamo and they can choose any team they want that is bowl eligible...they could take Kstate if they wanted to. If ISU wins vs KSU i think we are going to Alamo..WVU losing and OSU losing helped that a lot. All bowls care about is filling the stands and ISU is a really good story this year with a fan base that would bring 20k+ to the Alamo.

I'd have to jump through a ton of hoops to make a bowl trip work, but I'd try like to hell to make it happen if we went to the Alamo bowl.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Liberty is a much more prestigious bowl than it was when we originally went. Committee significantly increased bowl payout and signed agreement with Big 12.

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'd have to jump through a ton of hoops to make a bowl trip work, but I'd try like to hell to make it happen if we went to the Alamo bowl.
We'd swamp the Alamo Bowl and San Antonio. Straight shot down I-35. Jack Trice South. Bowl hungry fan base. Nice weather, great tourist destination. Reasonable prices. I'd take it but not counting on it.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
We'd swamp the Alamo Bowl and San Antonio. Straight shot down I-35. Jack Trice South. Bowl hungry fan base. Nice weather, great tourist destination. Reasonable prices. I'd take it but not counting on it.

Let's overrun the Alamo, take no prisoners!

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
What if Iowa State goes there? Will you go then?
My family and I will go wherever its going to be. Even if they take game to the moon, If ISU gets there, we are going too. I personally don't want it to be in Tennessee because we would rather go there in the summer for a separate vacation.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I can always watch from the hospital because she is have a C-section on the 26th. Our 3rd little Cyclone! But she did say I can take my son if we play the Liberty Bowl on the 30th but I'm betting it's going to be Orlando.
Congrats to you and your family.