Coach Campbell

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Go to a place like Tennessee or Nebraska with unreal expectations and get fired after 3 years or stay at a place like ISU where you can get a statue if you win 8 games a year.

Tough decision.
This shows up in the "big time" football ticket prices compared to Iowa State. Four tickets at Nebby on 50 yard line costs $11,596...Iowa State costs $6,700. Four tickets at Nebby in the nosebleeds costs $2,200...Iowa State costs $700. Such a deal at Iowa State compared to Nebby...especially now that Nebby sucks.

It also shows the huge $ advantage that Nebby has over ISU when you look at per game gates...difference can be $5 million per game...$30-$35 million per season. That is insane.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
If CMC does leave, then we should definitely hire one of his assistants to take over (or go get Jason Candle) and give a huge raise in money to the assistant coaching staff salary pool and retain as much of the staff as possible.

• Agree
Reactions: StratCY

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This is ******** statement and you should feel bad for making it. Iowa State football has one of the worst records and history in ALL of college football. For decades, the school has made decisions against the best interests of winning.

ISU fans have more than held up their fair share over the years. With the lack of success, no one would be surprised if the stands looked like Kansas, but we continue to fill the stadium waiting for payback. We've been kicked in the nuts by false hope so many times, there are a lot of people waiting to see if this is real. If it is, you will see fans donate like never before.

Lol. Look at donations compared to our peers. Look at budgets the vast majority, of not all of the increase in available money is the exact dollar amounts of the tv money.

We are still way way behind most of the people we are trying to catch, with a much larger alumni base You qualified it yourself, wait and see.

You see posts ******** about JP on here regularly because we aren’t as successful as they want. They blame him for Cael. Well penn st had enough money lying around to build a building for wrestling. Ou had money lying around to give kJ all that she needed to be successful.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This shows up in the "big time" football ticket prices compared to Iowa State. Four tickets at Nebby on 50 yard line costs $11,596...Iowa State costs $6,700. Four tickets at Nebby in the nosebleeds costs $2,200...Iowa State costs $700. Such a deal at Iowa State compared to Nebby...especially now that Nebby sucks.

It also shows the huge $ advantage that Nebby has over ISU when you look at per game gates...difference can be $5 million per game...$30-$35 million per season. That is insane.

The difference between a mature company and a startup. The fundamentals are there for ISU to take off, if success happens. We’ll grow even without it, but a 7 year run like Bo had at NU and adding several million to the staff’s salaries wouldn’t be an issue.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
If CMC does leave, then we should definitely hire one of his assistants to take over (or go get Jason Candle) and give a huge raise in money to the assistant coaching staff salary pool and retain as much of the staff as possible.

I'm pretty sure if CMC left all of his staff would go with him unless we made one of them HC.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
If CMC does leave, then we should definitely hire one of his assistants to take over.

Ayeni. He's already associate head coach and I'm pretty sure wants the opportunity eventually. We were able to tear him away from Campbell once, we can do it again.

Everyone needs to calm the **** down anyways. The remaining schedule is brutal. Last two home games are the best teams in the conference and the more favorable matchups are all on the road. OU is overrated. Their defense is a major liability. They will lose to TCU & Okie Lite. Tech will struggle down the stretch as well.

Widerightnattylite read my mind and composed a thoughtful article:

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2017/10/22/16516942/2017-hype-train-operators-manual

Getting bowl eligibility is far from a guarantee at this point.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Ayeni. He's already associate head coach and I'm pretty sure wants the opportunity eventually. We were able to tear him away from Campbell once, we can do it again.

Everyone needs to calm the **** down anyways. The remaining schedule is brutal. Last two home games are the best teams in the conference and the more favorable matchups are all on the road. OU is overrated. Their defense is a major liability. They will lose to TCU & Okie Lite. Tech will struggle down the stretch as well.

Widerightnattylite read my mind and composed a thoughtful article:

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2017/10/22/16516942/2017-hype-train-operators-manual

Ayeni. Or Candle. Or Manning. The Campbell coaching tree is already quite impressive.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Who is not calm?
I’m calm, but major CFB coaching stock picking is volatile. We could lose out and CMC will still need a raise and extension. You can try to devalue, but it won’t offset the normalization outsiders like Herby have already applied.

Further, losing out would be disappointing, but it wouldn’t be that discouraging imo. If we play well but just get outmanned against the top-25 teams and stumble against KSU and Baylor (still a talented roster), it won’t erode the clear signs of good coaching in just Year 2.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Man everyone is so caught up in this money thing. I'm not naive enough to think money doesn't matter. It certainly does. But I'm 100% confident Pollard will put ISU's best foot forward financially to one of the best coaches we've had at this school in it's most important sport. I believe with Campbell, the situation is so much more than about money. I don't think he would leave ISU for a bigger program just because it's a bigger program or they can throw a little (or a lot) more money his way. I just don't think he's wired that way. I think he leaves ISU for what he sees as a better opportunity. Our only job as fans is to continue to support the program by showing up to games and being as passionate as we always are. And yes, that can mean donate money, obviously! But let's be real here, it's not like no one is donating and we aren't continually improving facilities. We are, and we will continue to do so. Every time Campbell is asked a question about why he chose Iowa State, the first words out of his mouth usually revolve around the fans. He's not saying that just to pander to the fan base. Sure its sounds nice, but I believe he is genuine when he says that. He sees ISU as a special place, is that so hard to believe?

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Our fan-base is like the guy who is always getting broke up with. Then they find a wonderful woman that loves him for being him, but is so insecure because of the past they can't trust the happiness. Stop listening to the cool kids and show what support you can in attendance and/or donations.

The team is changing it's culture, I implore you all to embrace the change.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Same thing was said about Rhoads and then everyone was pissed we did it when the bottom fell out.
There is a difference, Paul Rhoads sucked and most of us saw it even when he was winning with players he did not recruit in the early years, when all those players left, we sucked as expected. Matt Campbell is recruiting well and winning with mostly his players he brought in. When we rightly criticized Paul Rhoads, we would get blocked on this site. So Matt Campbell is legit, Paul was not. Not trying to disrespect the man, but some dude called duffer44 always called out the truth about local boy Paul, but people here were mad.

• Winner
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone