Do you believe in K Kempt now?

When did you become a believer in Kyle K?

• After the OU game

Votes: 78 32.1%
  • After the KU game

Votes: 24 9.9%
  • After the TTU game

Votes: 97 39.9%
  • Jury still out. OU had no game film on Kempt. KU is horrible. TTU's D isn't that great either

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Start Park if/when he returns.

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Not going to lie after that interception to start the TT game I thought oh **** here we go. But the way he gathered himself and never lost confidence in himself speaks volumes. I am a believer.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Not going to lie after that interception to start the TT game I thought oh **** here we go. But the way he gathered himself and never lost confidence in himself speaks volumes. I am a believer.

The next drive when he went 7 for 7 told me a lot. However, I’m a cyclone through and through so I have my nut cup on. Get through this weekend playing competitively and I’ll remove my nut cup.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not sure what you were watching, but that pass was perfect. Ryen caught it in stride.he didn't have to jump, or make a full turn to get it . That is why he was able to get around Lazard's awesome block.

He slowed down and waiting for it to get to him. Rewatch it sometime and you will see what I mean. Blocking is what made that play. That and OU DBs being more concerned about cheap shoting Lazard than making a play.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He slowed down and waiting for it to get to him. Rewatch it sometime and you will see what I mean. Blocking is what made that play. That and OU DBs being more concerned about cheap shoting Lazard than making a play.

Well he had to sell the fake to the rb so of course Ryen had to wait . He's not a magician. It was a perfect throw to him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Is this one of those things where we're supposed to hope for Kempt to fail?

I've kind of liked this winning stuff and generally most 50+ yard scoring plays vs. #3 in Norman are a good thing during a football game no matter how it looks.

This is the most sustainable I've seen an ISU team so I hope people can enjoy it...a couple more wins would solidify it as positively memorable, relatively speaking.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The next drive when he went 7 for 7 told me a lot. However, I’m a cyclone through and through so I have my nut cup on. Get through this weekend playing competitively and I’ll remove my nut cup.

No you won't. Nobody holding onto the nut cup idea will.
You'll just word it differently, and start thinking that it's the most ISU thing ever to collapse after beating 2 top 5 teams.

Just let the cup go and be done with it.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
No you won't. Nobody holding onto the nut cup idea will.
You'll just word it differently, and start thinking that it's the most ISU thing ever to collapse after beating 2 top 5 teams.

Just let the cup go and be done with it.
Didn’t say we needed to win. Just want to see him against a good D that knows he’s coming

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Is this one of those things where we're supposed to hope for Kempt to fail?

I've kind of liked this winning stuff and generally most 50+ yard scoring plays vs. #3 in Norman are a good thing during a football game no matter how it looks.

This is the most sustainable I've seen an ISU team so I hope people can enjoy it...a couple more wins would solidify it as positively memorable, relatively speaking.

Okay, it was a great play and of course I am thrilled with winning games and that Kempt is playing very well. All I was doing is pointing out it was not a great throw that made that play. It was an okay throw with great execution from Ryen and Lazard. The coaching staff realizes that Kempt does not have a pro qb arm and has adjusted thing to compensate for it. If you can't see that, it is your problem.

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
Just rewatched the play and you are grasping for straws. That is the design of the play for Ryen to back up and wait for the throw. The throw was perfect and on time.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
My thought? Who cares? Kempt is getting the job done, why does anything else matter? Why does everything have to turn into a ****-measuring contest on this site? "I'm a better fan than the rest of you because I had faith in Kempt even when Park was the starter." Who cares except those of you that just have to have that ego boost?
My thought? Who cares? Kempt is getting the job done, why does anything else matter? Why does everything have to turn into a ****-measuring contest on this site? "I'm a better fan than the rest of you because I had faith in Kempt even when Park was the starter." Who cares except those of you that just have to have that ego boost?

Attachments

• lebowski-far-out.jpg
    lebowski-far-out.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Okay, it was a great play and of course I am thrilled with winning games and that Kempt is playing very well. All I was doing is pointing out it was not a great throw that made that play. It was an okay throw with great execution from Ryen and Lazard. The coaching staff realizes that Kempt does not have a pro qb arm and has adjusted thing to compensate for it. If you can't see that, it is your problem.

Not saying he's got a pro arm.

His patience in the pocket and ability to take what's available have been nice and have made big impacts. There was a play vs. OU where he held off throwing because he recognized the defense coming strong and simply took it upfield for a few yards. Good stuff and I'll continue to give him props on little things like that. Try it some time.

Cyclone5050

Dec 31, 2012
I'm just enjoying watching some winning football. I didn't think we would win 7 or maybe even 6 games with Park in there this year, especially after losing to Iowa and then seeing how we performed against Texas. I was resigned to another 4 or 3 win season. This has turned into a fun year. That's all I care about.

"Soft throws" and "pro arms" be damned. Kempt has given us something to look forward to and be hopeful for.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
After the first quarter of the OU game it was clear that there’s enough pieces around him for the season to still be a success. Even before the OU game it was silly to think the KU game was in doubt.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
NO WAY...they guy can't even put his fingers on the laces!!!!

upload_2017-10-23_7-59-28.png

of course I believe in him...he's done a fantastic job and will continue to do so. He happens to fit very well with the current game plan and the players we have. Let's line up and kick TCU in the mouth on Saturday!!

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-23_7-58-52.png
    upload_2017-10-23_7-58-52.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 2

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Kyle has some tough defenses left on the schedule and we'll see how he does, but I think it's safe to say our 'one hit wonder' jitters are over.
Kyle's success going forward will become a big story along with Lanning's, and hopefully it pays some recruiting dividends in the HS football mecca of Massillon, Ohio.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
When Kempt started the OU game I thought we'd get trucked. But more importantly I sensed Park wasn't coming back. After the OU game I figured Kempt was our QB - good, bad, or ugly for the season.

Now I believe Kempt has earned the job and then some. He's our 2017 season QB and I'm happy about it.