Do you believe in K Kempt now?

When did you become a believer in Kyle K?

• After the OU game

Votes: 78 32.1%
  • After the KU game

Votes: 24 9.9%
  • After the TTU game

Votes: 97 39.9%
  • Jury still out. OU had no game film on Kempt. KU is horrible. TTU's D isn't that great either

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Start Park if/when he returns.

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
The list of ISU QBs who have posted 3 straight wins in games they have started is pretty short. Some of those guys had careers that ultimately flamed out. I'm sold on Kempt now. I had to see the Tech win to really get aboard. You don't go out and win a couple Big 12 road games in place not including Lawrence Kansas without having some ability to play the QB position.

I do think it's imperative that Park returns next season, but if Kempt plays the rest of the way, the sky is the limit with this team.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You can argue everyone around him has played better with him vs with Park. For that reason, I think he's the starter the rest of the way. He makes the easy play and lets the play makers do their thing. With guys like Montgomery, Ryen, Lazard, Butler, Eaton, Jones and Murdock at the skill spots, you don't need a play maker at QB.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
His numbers don't need to be spectacular with 400yard passing games as long as our defense holds up. What is the turnover margin in his 3 games? His demeanor is what the team needed. I still believe Park has alot to do with the success we are having as his confidence in off season and expecting to win every game is contagious

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
What is the turnover margin in his 3 games?

Maybe yours is a rhetorical question? If not, the answer is: one. The team has not lost a fumble yet in 2017, and Kyle has one interception. IIRC, Park has five interceptions this fall in four games.

Also, Park's QB rating is 135, Kempt's is 170.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
I will eat crow and say that he has sold me. I didn't think it was going to work out long term, but he sure seems to be the same guy he was against OU. Usually i am all in on letting the younger guy play (Zeb) but Kempt flipped me yesterday after seeing how he rebounded.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Still not sold on dude but I would love it if he continues to prove me wrong for the fourth straight week. I can handle it.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
believe that he is a big 12 caliber QB capable of achieving as much/more than Park I guess would be my answer to that question. Believe in him stepping in for potentially the rest of the season without a drop off in QB play.
Kempt doesn't qualify because he hasn't played all the games, but if he did, he is #4 in the Big 12.
b12qbs.jpg

Park's rating is 135.1, for comparison.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
TCU will be the best defense by far he will face thus far.
This is the tell tale week imho..

Though people could overreact the other way if things don't go well. TCU may be the best we will see the rest of the season.

OU was obviously a good defense, but TTU and KU weren't exactly huge tests of our offense (and our offense was shut out the second half against TTU).

A lot still up in the air.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
He's good enough that we can win with him. Obviously.

That said, I'd believe in him 100x more if our O-line started run blocking better.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
TCU will be the best defense by far he will face thus far.
This is the tell tale week imho..

Best team in general I think. Offense isn't crazy but fairly balanced at 270 passing/game and 200 rushing/game and lots of athletes.

This is ISU's defense's biggest test since this recent trend of good football but I thought that about yesterday and statistically that was a very impressive performance.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
One thing for sure is that you can't hide your QB. Eventually the opposing teams will expose their weaknesses. Second half against TTU we went away from the short passes and went deep. I assumed our was because TTU took the short game away. There was one deep ball they MM just missed they hit him in the hands. Didn't connect on many that I recall.

We won't have the luxury of TTU giving us what KK does best which is short and horizontal passes. They'll take away what we like to do. I hope KK can hit those deeper balls.

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
and it was not a great pass, but good enough.
Not sure what you were watching, but that pass was perfect. Ryen caught it in stride.he didn't have to jump, or make a full turn to get it . That is why he was able to get around Lazard's awesome block.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Not sure what you were watching, but that pass was perfect. Ryen caught it in stride.he didn't have to jump, or make a full turn to get it . That is why he was able to get around Lazard's awesome block.

Lol that ball him in the stomach/numbers. "good enough" he said.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron