Walking Dead

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You know things are taking a dive when JustKC has quit posting in the thread. ☹️

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Just watched. JFC Negan standing right there in front of like eighty ******* guns. But we gotta build this elaborate Rube Goldberg zombie trap that makes the villains in Austin Powers look pedistrian by comparison
Someone just ******* shoot him. Christ you’ve been taking out all these god damn lookouts from 100 yards out all show. ******* give me the gun and I’ll do it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But yet, I will still tune in every Sunday and complain. I've gone too far to quit now.

It's not that different than the 3 hours many of us have spent to watch ISU football...

Maybe WD will upset one of the top rated shows one of these weekends and be good again?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just watched. JFC Negan standing right there in front of like eighty ******* guns. But we gotta build this elaborate Rube Goldberg zombie trap that makes the villains in Austin Powers look pedistrian by comparison
Someone just ******* shoot him. Christ you’ve been taking out all these god damn lookouts from 100 yards out all show. ******* give me the gun and I’ll do it.

Well, the zombie trap thing has worked so well for Rick in the past........

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You know things are taking a dive when KC has quit posting in the thread. ☹️
FIFY.

I haven't quit - I looked in and it looked like another complaint fest. I had a couple of issues with the schieß dem Fenster crap also...but overall, I was glad to see people working together. The jumping around in the timeline made it harder to follow though.

I liked the nice touch from Carl at the end with the note.

And I really REALLY don't understand why NO ONE EVER SHOOTS NEGAN!!!

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hilarious that the show is an hour but the blah, blah, blah Talking Dead show is worth 2 hours

Kinda backwards if you ask me
Talking dead to torture. I lasted a season and tapped out due to constant ball washing.

Yeah, funny how well planned out every single detail was up to that point, such a genius idea on setting Negan up, and then when that one final moment came... The ball is dropped.
You guys had one job. Let's shoot glass 10 stories high, and not the enemy standing 30 feet in front of you. Negan was even perched up on a stoop in plain sight.

And that is one of the many reasons why this show is going downhill at a furious pace.
But yet, I will still tune in every Sunday and complain. I've gone too far to quit now.
Yep
Negan standing in the open with 50 people with guns staring at him and no one thinks to shoot him? But they have this super elaborate plan to draw thousands of walkers to the Saviors? Ok....

And then to top it off, Gabriel gets locked into the same room with Negan. While Negan has a bat. And Gabriel has a gun. And Gabriel is the one that’s going to **** his pants? Ok....

This show was awesome because of character dialog and interaction. It’s a shell of itself now. But I’m 100 episodes in and am going to ride it out.
Couldn’t agree more. I was even saying, your gun dummy!

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm still watching, but it is getting pretty ridiculous for me. I used to have it on the same level as Breaking Bad and GOT, but its really subpar now. I basically keep watching because I've been watching for so long.

• Agree
Reactions: Shyzkoff and Acylum

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
And if the whole "lets give up the element of surprise we worked so hard to achieve and waste our ammo by shooting all of our guns in the air" was supposed to be some moral way Rick wanted to give them a last chance, then why waste it on Negan's "lieutenants?" We know they are all just about as awful as Negan. What about the men, women, and children that are essentially slave labor? **** them? Shoot the place up and release the zombies? Glad your conscience is all clear on that one Rick. You even counted to like seven... And what about the doctor they were supposed to save?

And then there's Negan's big plan? Roll out the ******* no one likes so he can give some dumb ass ultimatum for people to go home? JFC WD, you had like six months to put this **** show episode together....

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Acylum and State43

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I enjoyed the totally forced conversations they showed while everyone was getting ready for the big fight.

"Don't worry, I've got your back".
"But you just met me"
"We're all in this together"

Paraphrased, but brilliant dialog there.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Yep, I always defended this show for years but if the season is anything like this pat on the back episode, god help us. I hope with that flash forward, it's finally the last season.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Ric can't hit Negan with a machine gun from 30 yards away, but Darrel can hit a no look shot driving 50 MPH on his hog and somehow the walkers are keeping up with him. They must walk faster when chasing a Harley shooting **** to start a fire.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think a lot of problems started when kirkman took on more control (which is why they had some showrunner turnover). They are stuck following the comic's plot points, which means for example, a terrible villain like Negan has to live far too long. What may have worked for the comic doesnt necessarily work for TV.

Because theyre stuck on the major points, the in the middle points dont end up making sense.

But yeah, 100 episodes in im too invested to quit.

I'm not so sure. Andrea dying early is radically different than the comics where she's second only to Rick as a main character and Kirkman said he liked that difference. Maybe he was lying but if he wanted the show to be like the comic he'd have absolutely hated that. It is complex though because Andrea in the show was annoying AF and Andrea in the comic is basically the most bad*** character the good guys have. This deal with Negan and Gabriel trapped together isn't from the comics.

The whole "garbage people" and "clan of women" were completely invented for TV and not in the comics. My guess is they added it to try to quell the issue you have here but maybe it didn't do the trick. "Terminus" was done far better and on a greater scale than in the comics where it was basically just a group of rogues.

I'm not going to argue with people that the build up to last night's battle was not as well done as earlier attacks and big moments, not even compared to when they struck the first outpost 2 seasons ago.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Ric can't hit Negan with a machine gun from 30 yards away, but Darrel can hit a no look shot driving 50 MPH on his hog and somehow the walkers are keeping up with him. They must walk faster when chasing a Harley shooting **** to start a fire.
It is not a Harley. Looks like a 4 cylinder inline bike with the farings ripped off to me.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I'm not so sure. Andrea dying early is radically different than the comics where she's second only to Rick as a main character and Kirkman said he liked that difference. Maybe he was lying but if he wanted the show to be like the comic he'd have absolutely hated that. It is complex though because Andrea in the show was annoying AF and Andrea in the comic is basically the most bad*** character the good guys have. This deal with Negan and Gabriel trapped together isn't from the comics.

The whole "garbage people" and "clan of women" were completely invented for TV and not in the comics. My guess is they added it to try to quell the issue you have here but maybe it didn't do the trick. "Terminus" was done far better and on a greater scale than in the comics where it was basically just a group of rogues.

I'm not going to argue with people that the build up to last night's battle was not as well done as earlier attacks and big moments, not even compared to when they struck the first outpost 2 seasons ago.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would be perfectly fine with never seeing the "garbage people" ever again. Even for TWD they feel really weird and out of place. They need to go back to whatever straight to DVD, "Mad Max" rip-off movie set they came from.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

I thought these two exact same things.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron