Walking Dead

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think episode 2 last night was actually pretty great.

The "shelf" fight was possibly the best fight in the entire series.

• Funny
Reactions: State43

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I hate to pile on here, and typically am annoyed at WD haters but the show really has begun to go down hill in a pretty serious way. Maggies fake southern accent just seems to get worse, how many dumb speeches will we get this season, the thousands of rounds of ammo seemingly coming from nowhere and finally the 1 millionth time Rick contemplates his lost humanity while members argue over killing captives or not.

All done a million times already on the show.

Maggie's accent is made more annoying by Rick and Morgan being played by actors absolutely nailing their foreign accent. I don't think there's been one time where either of them have made me contemplate their accent.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It is not a coincidence that like 6 of the top 10 lowest rated episodes on IMDB have happened in Seasons 7 and 8. And if you go back and look at the first 5 seasons, most of the episodes score from 8-9.5. Now they are more like 6.5-8. And why ratings for the Season 8 premier were down 33% from Season 7. Here are the ratings for all season premiers:

Season 1 (2.7, 5.35 million)
Season 2 (3.8, 7.26 million)
Season 3 (5.8, 10.86 million)
Season 4 (8.2, 16.11 million)
Season 5 (8.7, 17.29 million)
Season 6 (7.4, 14.63 million)
Season 7 (8.4, 17.03 million)
Season 8 (5.0, 11.4 million)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...tings-dropped-33-from-last-year/#12eb8e34298b

As I've said before, the show is still watchable but its a shell of its former self. And fans are agreeing.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think you can safely skip this one and just watch the "previously on" preview next week, without missing anything.
But you will miss the slow motion staring of the characters that took up about 15 minutes of the show. Add to it the 15-20 minutes of commercials and 15 minutes of shooting guns at random spots; might be the whole episode.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Sad to say that this show has become so tedious that I'm having a hard time overlooking the jarring character developments anymore. Examples being peace-mode Jesus and Terminator Morgan.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Sad to say that this show has become so tedious that I'm having a hard time overlooking the jarring character developments anymore. Examples being peace-mode Jesus and Terminator Morgan.

I think Morgan is playing the part of Jesus. Everyone around him is dead and he rises up and runs off like he is bullet proof as he never got shot. Even with the small shield he had on he survived.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think Morgan is playing the part of Jesus. Everyone around him is dead and he rises up and runs off like he is bullet proof as he never got shot. Even with the small shield he had on he survived.
That makes about as much sense as anything else. I assume what we are seeing is different timelines as well that will get tied together eventually. I don't remember any explosion the week before to have Carol and The King awake all stunned. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
That makes about as much sense as anything else. I assume what we are seeing is different timelines as well that will get tied together eventually. I don't remember any explosion the week before to have Carol and The King awake all stunned. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

It was the end of the first episode. Dwight has been feeding the group intelligence about the location of lookouts. Rick and crew have been picking them off. Carol and the King came across a lookout, but he threw a grenade at them. He was wounded and Sheba got him in the woods as they trailed him. But he had a walkie talkie, so it now appears Carol and the King will attack this next outpost without the element of surprise.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I thought tonight’s episode was good. It got back to the group making tough decisions which is the part of the show I like best. Morgan is still annoying and why did no one break up that fight? There was a big group just watching it?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I thought tonight’s episode was good. It got back to the group making tough decisions which is the part of the show I like best. Morgan is still annoying and why did no one break up that fight? There was a big group just watching it?
He is right. Taking those guys prisoner understanding what kind of people they are is ******* dumb especially with the other groups just mowing down people with no second thought.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Agreed. It was MUCH better. We actually got some good character dialog with Rick and Daryl, Jesus and Morgan, and Maggie and Gregory. It wasn't just shoot 'em up for 45 minutes.

Reactions: keepngoal

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

I think Dianne and a few others took the prisoners back to the road, then Morgan and Jesus starting going at it in the woods. It looked like Dianne and the others just walked back when the fight had ended.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I thought last night was dreadful again. I thought the 'emotion' was contrived and over the top. The dialogue with Morales or whatever his name was from Season 1 was beyond terrible. I found pretty much no redeeming qualities with last nights episode. They just keep getting worse IMO.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Episode was better. King is annoying. Rick hashing things out with what’s his name was lame.
Can’t keep track of who’s quit the group and come back. Is this Morgan’s second? Third time? So will we see him in the final episode rejoin? Probably just in time to off that long-haired prick. (Not Jesus. The other one)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I've only seen bits and pieces the last two weeks- whatever happened with Father Gabriel and Neegan in the semi trailer or shipping container or whatever it was?

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I've only seen bits and pieces the last two weeks- whatever happened with Father Gabriel and Neegan in the semi trailer or shipping container or whatever it was?
Typical WD...They leave you with a cliffhanger and then take 3 episodes or longer before you find out what happened.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum