Will we win another game with Kempt starting?

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I thought west coast guys were crazy before...............now I'm seeing/reading total lunacy. Take a lesson from CMC and act like we have won 5 of 7 before and stay focused!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Toledo is doing great also. Good to see!

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
Undefeated with Kyle Kempt at Qb and now 1-0 with Hyle Hempt. Those were H's on the player graphic on the first drive right?

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I'm going to say this and wait for the hammer to drop. If we don't get to 9 wins, I hope that U of T[Toledo] plays ISU in a bowl game. Totally selfish reasons.

Just think guys and gals. We could watch the next ISU staff live before they arrive on campus.....I think it's been done before.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Guys I’ll admit. I haven’t been a fan of this Kempt thing but I’m coming around. The game management is unbelievable and Manning knows exactly what to call

Hmmm. Glad you are coming around. Hopeful that Park gets better. But there is no way you bench Kempt if and when Park does come back. Kempt has earned the QB job.

IMO Kempt seems to throw a more catchable ball and maybe placement and adequate velocity is better than a rocket and less accurate placement.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I'm going to say this and wait for the hammer to drop. If we don't get to 9 wins, I hope that U of T[Toledo] plays ISU in a bowl game. Totally selfish reasons.

Just think guys and gals. We could watch the next ISU staff live before they arrive on campus.....I think it's been done before.
You're saying we will lose Campbell this year and hire his old staff from Toledo?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
So can we stop with all the Kempt hate and Park love now? Park was good in his own right, but so is Kempt. Totally different styles, and at this point Kempt has only wins, Park was fine, but Kempt is performing.

• Agree

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Change thread title to 'Will we LOSE another game with Kempt'

Dude is so solid mentally, doesn't force things. I really liked the response after throwing the int, which I think the wr kind of quit on the route.
If defense keeps playing this way this could be a magical season.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I've been patiently waiting FinalFourCy's critique of Kempt.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I've been patiently waiting FinalFourCy's critique of Kempt.
Just like OU, it’s not about the QB position as much as it’s his teammates and coaches stepping up. This is a better team than what we saw in the losses this year or last. Give the glory to Kempt and revise history against Park if you must, but I’ll celebrate the program progressing. I have nothing against Kempt, and had more optimism than most that the season wasn’t over when Park went inactive, but I also don’t see him as the difference.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Just like OU, it’s not about the QB position as much as it’s his teammates and coaches stepping up. This is a better team than what we saw in the losses this year or last. Give the glory to Kempt and revise history against Park if you must, but I’ll celebrate the program progressing. I have nothing against Kempt, and had more optimism than most that the season wasn’t over when Park went inactive, but I also don’t see him as the difference.
When they play well its all about the coaches and team, when not playing to your standards it "falls on the QB's desk". Thats some logic, I guess. Looking forward to your reply with more negative comments disguised as concerns.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Park = Poor decisions, Interceptions, Losses, fights with coaching staff/team mates and a mysterious illness. Probably a better athlete and maneuverability but completely different style. Don't need to be maneuverable if you make good decisions and are on target.
Kempt = Playing as a team, consistency and WINS.
Kind of hard to argue the results, but keep trying.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Sooo, everyone else deserves credit for "stepping up" but not Kempt?

Interesting take again.

Would ISU have won these last three games with Park? I don't know, probably. Who knows? With Park as QB, ISU beat UNI and Akron. But ISU also lost to Iowa and Texas. With Kempt under center, ISU beat No. 3 ranked Oklahoma on the road, Kansas and Texas Tech on the road.

It's interesting that you think that Kempt's teammates and coaches decided to step it up only after Park left.

Now if you mean that it is Campbell's system that deserves the credit for a third string quarterback to simply step in and the team not miss a beat, then I wouldn't have an argument with you.

For some reason, however, you think that Kempt deserves no credit for ISU winning the last three games. He doesn't deserve all the credit, but he does deserve at least some credit for ISU's win streak.

Personally I don't care who starts as QB -- or running back, or safety-- as long as ISU wins. No one player is responsible for a loss. It takes an entire team to win games, and each player deserves credit for putting one in the win column. You don't seem to believe that and you fail to even acknowledge Kempt deserves some credit.